Play

The restobar is particularly packed even though it's the middle of the week. This restobar is getting a lot of attention recently because of the live acoustic band that would perform every Tuesdays and Thursdays. The live band had seen an increased number of audience because of their talented and handsome vocalist. A lot of couples would usually reserve a table during the days that the band is performing because of the romantic ambience that the vocalist's soulful voice brings. But aside from the couples, the rest of the crowd consists of young women which is typical because of having a young and handsome vocalist in the band. Majority of the young women would sit near the stage hoping to catch the vocalist's attention except for one particular woman who would always sit at the farthest table.

Ari is spending her Thursday night alone in this restobar while having her usual one glass of white wine. She has been doing this same routine for a month now after she unexpectedly stumbled upon this restobar. She never dreamed that after 10 years she will see Byungho again and just like how she spent her 3 years in high school, here she is again content to see her first love from a safe distance. For the past 10 years she had kept the painting that Byungho asked her to do since the vocalist never got it from her after his girlfriend at that time broke up with him a few days before their supposed anniversary. Ari did not attempt to reach out to Byungho after she heard of the news about his breakup because she doesn't really know how to do it. Even now she can't even sit near the stage and she doesn't even expect for the vocalist to take notice of her.

Byungho on the other hand did notice the young woman seated at the farthest table from the stage and not only did he notice her but he can't stop himself from thinking about her. He is having a hard time recalling why he finds the young woman so familiar and for the past month he has been thinking of the possible reason for that. He is done with the first hour of his set and is currently taking a 10 minutes break when he sees that the young woman is sketching to pass the time. And seeing the young woman sketching actually sparked something in his memory. "Excuse me but can I sit here?" Byungho asked. Ari looked up from her sketchpad and saw Byungho looking at her expectantly. "Sure, go ahead." Ari said after she recovered from her shock of seeing Byungho at close range. "I'm really sorry for disturbing you but have we met before?" Byungho could no longer keep himself from asking. "We were schoolmates during high school and I painted a portrait of you," Ari softly replied. And that night, Byungho spent time talking with Ari after he finished his set.

The next succeeding scenes unfolded a love story that touched the hearts of the audience. It showed a love story with friendship as its foundation. It showed how Ari displayed her unconditional love that despite the years they were apart she was still irrevocably in love with Byungho. It showed how Byungho worked hard towards building his relationship with Ari because now he understands that for a relationship to work it doesn't only require love but also a lot of effort. It showed that love most of the time is not the answer to everything but it is the driving force for the couple to always choose each other. And the scenes ended in a hopeful note that love continues even after death because of the memories that were left behind in the hearts of those that lived on.

Everyone at the performance hall was showing great response for all the cast and crew of the play that is currently doing their last bow. Seokjin is very proud of his students' performance and he is happy to see that even his invited colleagues showed promising reactions towards their play. Seokjin with a microphone in hand took the center stage and voiced out his gratitude to all those who came to show their support.

"I would like to thank everyone for being present today and for giving us your support. This play is based on the true love story of my late in-laws and we would like to dedicate it to my brother-in-law who only got to be with his parents for the first 3 years of his life. Kookie, we made this play with the intention of you witnessing how your parents fell in love with each other. We hope for you to see that loving unconditionally is the backbone of our family. You may not remember your parents that much but their love transcends the limits of this world and we promise to always make you feel their love for you everyday. I would also like to thank my students for showing exemplary performance and dedication towards the success of this play. I hope everyone will enjoy the rest of their night and thank you again for coming."

Jungkook who was listening intently to Seokjin's closing remarks was not able to stop himself from tearing up. He was so touched after hearing his hyung's message for him and he never expected for the play to be a surprise gift for him. Jungkook was silently crying when he felt someone wiping his tears away and when he realized that it was his Namjoon hyung, he immediately held on to him tightly.

"Thank you for this amazing gift hyungie. One of my biggest wishes was for me to get to know our parents better and I thought it's an impossible wish knowing that they're no longer with us. But you and Seokjin hyung made it possible. Thank you for making this play for me," Jungkook sniffled. Namjoon hugged his little brother tightly and rubbed his back soothingly knowing that it's the best way to comfort an overwhelmed Jungkook.

"I know that you can barely remember our parents, Kookie, so that is why Jinnie and I decided to use our parents' love story as the plot of their annual play. There were times that I would wish for a better way to show you our parents' story aside from a few family photos and videos that we had with them when they were still alive, so Jinnie suggested making a play. I'm glad that you liked it. Always remember that Eomma, Appa, Jinnie and I love you so much." Namjoon said softly while kissing Jungkook's forehead.

"I love you too hyungie and thank you. I will thank Jinnie hyung as well later after he is done settling down everything. You and Jinnie hyung made me so happy today and everyday. The both of you are the best." Jungkook smiled at Namjoon showing his sparkling doe eyes which made the older happy as well.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜