Together

Happiness comes in different forms and can be obtained in different ways. For others, their happiness comes from them achieving their goals while others find it from amassing wealth and material things. But if Namjoon would be asked, his happiness comes from seeing his loved ones happy thus he would do everything to keep them that way. Right now Namjoon can see his husband being happy after the success of his students' play. They're currently at the lounge area with all of his students who were involved with the play and everyone is having a great time celebrating. Namjoon knows how much Seokjin loves teaching and how he would always worry for his students' well-being thus when he asked for help with writing the manuscript for the play, he could never say no. Namjoon can see how Seokjin is having a great time with his students so he decided to stay where he is seated and continue to observe the crowd. Namjoon loves observing people and their different ways of showing emotions.

Currently Namjoon is observing his little brother who is now seated in a lounge chair obviously waiting for Taehyung. He can see how Jungkook kept on looking at the main entrance and immediately ran towards Taehyung after the other entered the room. Jungkook then presented his gift to Taehyung which was a bouquet of flowers and a strawberry shortcake trifle that he baked himself. Taehyung took all the gifts and placed them on a nearby table so that he could hug Jungkook freely. Namjoon can see that the two were whispering something to each other but since he is quite far from them, he was just content with observing their happy faces.

"Did you enjoy the play?" Taehyung asked after kissing Jungkook's cheeks as a greeting. "Yes, I absolutely did. You did a great job as well hyungie. Congratulations," Jungkook whispered next to Taehyung's ear.
They were conversing while still in a hug, swaying with music that only they could hear. Taehyung would also alternately kiss Jungkook's cheeks or forehead. They were hugging each other in the middle of the room without a care of everybody around them.

"Knowing that this play would be a gift for you got me motivated to work even harder especially since I was having a hard time during the initial practice sessions. It was also a great help that you were there for me almost everyday. I was so scared that you won't like how I portrayed your father's character in the play," Taehyung continued to sway with Jungkook even if there was no music in the room. Taehyung had his arms around Jungkook's waist while the younger's arms were around the older's neck.

"There is nothing for you to be scared of hyungie. You were able to capture the attention of all the audience with your great performance and I know you will be a great actor someday. I can definitely see it. I can still remember when you would ask me about the kind of emotions that you should project for your portrait that I was doing for the play and I just simply told you to think of the scenario wherein you are with someone you like and that you are gazing at this person. Then I told you to show me that same gaze and you instantly did. Your eyes are the most expressive eyes I have ever seen." Jungkook said all of that while looking deeply into Taehyung's captivating eyes. "Did you like the portrait that I made of you for this play?"

"Yes. I do like it a lot and it definitely showed how talented you are. Even the audience saw how amazing the portrait was made. Thank you as well for believing in my acting capabilities but the main reason why I was able to pull off the gaze that you described to me was because I am indeed with the person that I like at that time," Taehyung is playing with Jungkook's long hair and keeps looking at him tenderly while waiting for the younger's reaction to what he just confessed.

Taehyung is starting to get worried that he will be deprived of Jungkook's hug on a daily basis once he graduates from high school. He could no longer go through a day of not kissing or hugging the younger one. He is starting to get addicted to Jungkook's scent and warmth. He wanted to confess what he felt for the younger in a more special way but he couldn't wait any longer and had to do it now.

"What are you trying to say hyungie? I don't want to misconstrue what you have just said because even the word like has a lot of meaning," Jungkook's heartbeat started to race faster while waiting for Taehyung's explanation. Jungkook would really be happy if indeed what Taehyung meant by his words is that he also felt the same way towards him but he doesn't want to misunderstand the older man's words and be disheartened afterwards.

"These past few days I kept thinking of a way to tell you how I feel. I wanted to make a grand gesture out of it but I realized that doing it simply and in a straightforward manner would be better. What I'm trying to say is that I recently realized that I already started liking you Kookie especially after spending time with you. It just took me a while to realize my feelings because of my apprehensions. But these past few months I learned to trust myself especially when it comes to what I really feel. I also learned that my fear caused by my failed relationships in the past should not come in between the happiness that I found with you. I realized that I'm so lucky to have someone who can be patient with me and is willing to stay by my side unconditionally. You promised to me before that you will accept whatever kind of relationship that I can comfortably share with you and this time I wanted to know if you are willing to build a romantic relationship with me and work on our future together?" Taehyung softly asked and held his breath while waiting for Jungkook's response.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
I never had any personal experience when it comes to dating but I am a good listener thus my friends who are having issues with their partners would always share to me their thoughts/problem. And what I have observed is that most issues comes from lack of communication because their usual rants would be "if he loves me then he should be sensitive enough to know that I did not like what he did" or "if he loves me then he should already know what I need". Everytime I would hear these words a question would always pop in my mind "But he is not a mind reader though?" This is why I wrote Kookie's character wherein he would always be the person who likes to set the record straight, who would not only like to show his love through actions but through words as well and who would always ask questions and not assume things. I know dating/relationships are really complicated and perhaps I'm just being too logical/rational while saying this that's why I don't also give advices to my friends. All I do is listen to them and at times ask them questions that helps them clear out their thoughts. Sorry if I'm adding too much author's note and if I can't explain straight to the point why Kookie would always clarify Taehyung's words😅

PS: This is what Kookie gave to Taehyung. Found these cute photos on Pinterest again.