fourteen

-Athena-

-Hours Later-

"Absolutely not." Louis hissed, as we walked through the front door of our apartment. "I'm not okay with this. At all."

"I didn't ask if you were okay with it, or not. I'm doing this and you can't stop me." I snapped, shoving passed him and towards our room. As I yanked my shirt over my head to change into something different, Louis stomped in and stood in the doorway. I turned and looked at him, throwing my hands out sassily. "What? You obviously have something to say."

"You bet your ass I have something to say." He replied, as I slipped on Louis' The Who shirt and a pair of shorts. "First off, you are not getting your claws back."

I turned towards him quickly, my hair flying in every direction. "Excuse me, but this isn't your body! You don't get to dictate what I can and can't do with my body." I hissed, getting in his face.

"Our child is in your stomach, Athena!" He yelled loudly, causing the entire apartment to shake. "You're putting yourself and the baby in danger by using a Goddamn machine and serum that could potentially kill you! I'm not going to allow you to put yourself in danger!"

"I'm not putting myself, or the baby in danger!"

"Yes, you are!" He spat back at me, walking towards me enough to let my back hit the wall. I held my ground, staring at him with anger in my eyes. I refuse to let him change my mind. "What? Did you think you could go do this without telling me?"

"I told you I was doing it!"

"Yeah, after you accepted the f***ing offer!" He yelled, before I placed my hands on his chest and pushed him away from me roughly.

"Do you not understand that I want this? Do you not realize that I want my claws back?" I replied, having him stare at me for a moment.

"What part, Athena?! The part that you received from your father, or the part where you used those said claws to kill people for a living?"

I stood there completely stunned and hurt, his face dropping as soon as he said it. I stared at him, tears starting to form. "Athena-"

"I can't believe you even brought that up. You knew I had no idea what I was doing." I muttered, before turning towards the closet, reaching for clothing to put in a bag. Before I could grab anything, I felt Louis wrap his arms around me and pull me towards him closely. "Louis Tomlinson, let me go now!"

"I didn't mean what I said. I'm stressed out and my brain is working faster than I can speak." He spoke against my shoulder, as I tried to remove his arms. "Please don't push me away."

"Louis, what you just said hurt me more than anything. I don't even want to be in the same room as you right now."

He turned me around and grabbed my face in his hands, running his thumb over my bottom lip, his blue eyes glossy. "Please don't leave," He whispered. "I know I shouldn't have said that. I will sleep on the sofa if that's what you really want, but please don't leave."

The war has stressed everyone out, I understand completely. But he had no right to mention that. Especially since he knew it would hurt me.

I placed my hands on top of his and closed my eyes, shaking my head slowly. "I'm going to Josie's." I whispered, pulling away from him and towards the closet and pulling out a pair of jeans. I slipped them on over my shorts, grabbing my phone and slowly walking towards the front door.

"I'm so sorry, babe." He mumbled, as I closed the door behind me and leaned my back against it, wiping away the tear that was rolling down my cheek. I blinked quickly for a moment, before walking down the stairs and out into the nippy New York air, hailing a cab, and going to Josie's.

Once I arrived, she was waiting with open arms to comfort me, because she knew Louis was in the wrong for mentioning everything. She led me to the couch and sat us down, as I wiped the tears from my eyes and sighed. "He regretted it once he said it," I said, looking down at my ring and running my finger over the diamond. "But it's the fact that he even said that. I understand that he's stressed from everything that's been happening, especially now that there's a baby involved. But it gave him no right to say that."

"I agree. He knows you had no control over the killings. Niall had you persuaded to follow his every wish."

"I know, Jo." I sighed, bringing my knees up to my chest. "He regretted saying as soon as it happened, but I still left. I guess I just need a little space from him." I continued, before I felt my phone vibrate for the fifth time since getting to Josie's. I wanted to ignore it since it was most likely Louis texting me, but I couldn't do it. I fished my phone out of my pocket and sighed, unlocking the screen and reading all the messages from my husband.

From: Louis

Please come home.

From: Louis

I'm an asshole. I'm sorry.. come home. It's lonely.

From: Louis

I love you so much. Please don't be mad at me.

From: Louis

Athena? Please.

From: Louis

I love you...

"What are you going to do? He doesn't want you to get your claws back, but you want them." Josie spoke up, as I set my phone beside me. I sighed, shrugging my shoulders and sinking into the couch.

Louis didn't want it, I did. It's my body, not his. It's my own decision, not his.

"Call Liam. Tell him to meet us upstate." I said, standing up from the couch. Josie nodded, grabbing her phone and calling Liam, while I picked up my phone and opened my messages and selected Louis, my heart racing.

To: Louis

I love you, too... but I'm still going to do this.

___________________________

I'd write the scene where Athena is getting her claws back and the process of it on this chapter, but it'd be too long soooo.

Possible double update today? :)

Logan, xx

Keep sending in songs for the Thunder playlist, and also comment what I should do when Bolt hits 100k reads!