three

-Athena-

"The lovebirds are here!" Liam hollered, as Louis and I walked into Team X headquarters. I shook my head at him and rolled my eyes playfully, letting go of Louis' hand and hugging Liam tightly. "Glad you guys are home safe."

"Where's that boyfriend of yours?" I asked, as I pulled away from Liam and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Try the gym. Last time I knew he was in there with your sister." He told me. "I actually have to discuss something with you, Louis." He added, before I kissed Louis' cheek and headed towards the gym.

As soon as I entered the gym, I heard fighting. I heard foot movement, grunts from punches, and heavy breathing. When I rounded the corner, I saw a shirtless Harry with his arms up as a shield, my sister throwing punches at him quickly. I leaned against the wall and waited for them to notice me, as Harry threw a punch and caught Josie off guard.

Josie quickly retaliated by grabbing Harry's arm and flipping him forward, causing him to land on his back with a thud. She hovered above him for a moment, sweat dripping from her forehead. I clapped my hands, causing the two of them to look at me. "Athena!" Josie hollered, running towards me and hugging me tight.

"You're a blonde now!" I said with the same tone of voice. She laughed, pulling away from me and nodding. "When did this happen?" I asked.

"Yesterday. I decided to try something new." She shrugged, before Harry walked up to me as well and smiled. "I bet you just saw Harry get his ass kicked."

"This was only training, Bolton." He laughed, pushing her jokingly. "Besides, I bet Athena could kick your ass."

"Why are you bringing me into this?!" I laughed, shoving Harry. "Who says I came to train?"

"C'mon, A, get changed and put gear on. Let's brawl a little. It'll be fun." Josie said, placing her hands on my shoulders and shaking me a bit. Each of us were silent for a moment, before I sighed in frustration and agreed to do a bit of training, as I walked into the locker room and changed. I was actually excited to brawl with Josie. She was a challenge and I loved challenges. 

This was going to be interesting.

/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\

-Louis-

"What's up?' I said, as I sat in one of the chairs in Liam's office. He leaned back in his chair and sighed, rubbing his hand over his face.

"Did Logan talk to you?"  I nodded. "Have you told Athena any of this?" I shook my head. "I thought we were done dealing with this shit?"

"I did, too." I replied, crossing my arms and sighing. He was just as frustrated as I was and it wasn't hard to tell either. "I don't know what we're going to do." 

"What can we do? We have no idea when they are going to strike and we have no idea how big this army is going to get. We are basically screwed right now."

"Basically." I agreed quietly.

"Logan said when they come, they're coming after Athena."

"And I told him that that's gonna happen. I'll be damned if they get anywhere near her." I stated, scratching the back of my neck and shaking my head. Liam and I sat there quietly, both of us staring into our laps. He ran his fingers through his hair and looked at the picture of him and Harry that sat on his desk. He gave it a small smile, before looking back at me.

"Whatever happens, I'll be right there beside you." I smiled, standing up from the chair and walking towards Liam, giving him a brotherly hug. I patted his back, before we walked out of his office. "Maybe we should go check on Athena and the others."

I nodded in agreement, as we walked towards the gym, only to hear a male - Harry, I'm guessing - barking out orders. Liam shook his head in amusement, before we entered the gym to find my wife and sister-in-law fighting. "Left hook, Athena!" Harry yelled, as we walked over and stood beside him.

"Shut the f*** up, Styles!" Athena yelled, as she threw a punch at Josie, only to miss. I laughed at her outburst, crossing my arms and watching the brawl in front of me.

Josie jumped and kicked Athena in the side of her head, causing Athena to fall to the ground hard. As soon as I jumped up to go towards her and see if she was okay, Liam stopped me by putting his arm out. I looked down at her, as she slowly stood up and laughed, wiping the sweat from her forehead on the back of her arm. Josie stood her ground, before Athena attacked once again.

"Are they trying to kill each other?" I asked, looking at Harry. He shook his head and leaned towards me, pointing at Athena and smiling.

"Athena told Josie not to hold back. Athena wanted this intensity."

"But this is only supposed to be training."

"You should know Athena well enough to know she likes a challenge." Harry replied, before we turned our attention back onto them and watched the remainder of the brawl.

Athena struck Josie with a knee to the stomach, as Josie grabbed her foot and flipped her onto her back. Athena did a kick up, going from her back to her feet in the matter of seconds, making me very impressed at how much stronger she had gotten in the last year.

"Kick her ass, A!" Harry yelled. Athena ignored Harry completely, before throwing more punches at Josie rapidly. Josie swiftly blocked each attack, before ending the entire brawl by grabbing Athena's arm and flipping her onto her back again. "She lasted longer than I did."

"You never last long anyways." Liam mumbled jokingly, causing Harry to shove him playfully and laugh.

I rolled my eyes at the two, before walking over to Athena and hovering above her. Her chest was bobbing up and down quickly, her arms up over her head and her eyes closed. I chuckled at her, before looking up at Josie and smiling at her. "How am I supposed to take you to dinner when you're all sweaty?" I said, as Athena opened her eyes slowly and smiled.

"I was peer pressured." She replied, only to have Josie flip her off. I helped her off the ground and kissed the tip of her nose, before she walked into the locker room and got cleaned up.

/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\

"I promise I'll go to the market and get food so we can eat at home." Athena said, making me chuckle and shake my head. "We can't eat out every night." She laughed, taking a drink of her wine. 

"We could."

"I'm just saying." She shrugged, running her fingers through her hair. I smiled at her, as she gently kicked my foot under the table. 

"What was that for?" I laughed, as she shrugged again. "Wanna head home?" I asked, as she nodded and we stood up. I paid the bill and grabbed her hand, as we walked down the streets of Manhattan.

"It's nice out tonight, considering it's November."

"I know right." I replied, as I spun her in a circle and pulled her close to me. She smiled, as she lifted our hands up and placed my arm around her shoulders, huddling close to me. "We've come a long way, haven't we?"

"If you're referring to how we hated and wanted to kill each other over a year ago, then yes we have." She smiled, looking up at me. "But that's what makes our story unique, ya know?"

I nodded, kissing the side of her head and smiled, as we walked the rest of the way home.

____________________________

Yeah, hi, I love you.

Lemme know your thoughts on the chapter. :)

Love,

Logan, xx.