five

-Athena-

-Week Later-

I walked into the apartment only to find Louis laying on his back on the floor, Teddy sitting on his chest. I carefully walked into the kitchen without being detected, setting my backpack on the counter and smiling at the two. "You two are adorable." I said, causing Louis to jump and sit straight up, Teddy running away in fear.

"Holy shit, Athena. You can't just scare me like that!" He replied, holding his chest and grabbing a handful of his hair. I walked towards him, my arms crossed and eyes fixated on him. I got down and sat beside him on the floor, resting my head in his lap, as he tried to regain himself. "You almost gave me a heart attack."

"Sorry, darlin'." I said. We both sat there silent for a moment, before I felt his hands comb through my hair and heard him hum something. "Did our wedding photos come in?" He shook his head. I nodded, as Teddy strutted up to me and crawled onto my chest. I stroked the tabby's fur, before Louis smiled down at me.

"Wanna go train?" He asked.

"You want to brawl me?" I replied, a confused look on my face. He nodded, playing with the tips of my hair. "Louis, last time we brawled each other we both almost got killed. You know, cause that was the goal at the time."

"I know, but this is only for training purposes. Plus, you love me and I love you and we aren't trying to kill each other." He explained, as I sat up and looked at him, contemplating the idea. I couldn't deny a chance to train. Since I had my claws ripped out, I had been focusing on improving my strength and agility. But I didn't feel right about this whole sparring with Louis thing. I don't know why though. "What do you say?"

I sighed, nodding my head and standing up from the floor. I pulled Louis to his feet and patted his chest, before slipping on my hoodie and shoes, Louis following not too far behind me.

/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\

Once I was in my gear and walked out of the locker room, a shirtless Louis was leaned up against the wall, tapping his hands up. I grabbed my hair on my hand and pulled it into a ponytail, as Liam walked in with a confused expression. "What the hell is going on?"

"Louis wanted to train." I shrugged, as I wrapped my hands up, as well. "I swear to God, Louis, if you hold back one ounce of strength, you're ass is sleeping on the couch." I threatened, half jokingly, half serious. I didn't want him to hold back. Since he has super strength, I want this to be a challenge for me.

"I don't think that's a good idea, Athena." Liam warned, crossing his arms and sitting on the large box by the sparring area. "He was born with inhuman strength, he could seriously-"

"I don't care. I want the challenge." I interrupted, before getting into position on the mat. "C'mon Tomlinson, let's do this."

Louis looked at Liam and shook his head, before standing in position in front of me. "I don't wanna hurt you, baby."

"You won't." I replied. "Liam! Count us down!" I hollered, my eyes locked on Louis'. He licked his lips, as I tightened my fist and got into a stance.

"Let the brawl," Liam said, his hand in the space between us. He looked at the both of us quickly, before pulling it away quickly and shouting, "Begin!"

I wasted no time in striking the first hit. Louis deflected each hit, my fist connecting with his forearm each time. I grabbed his arm and pushed it away, striking his chest hard. He grunted, before coming at me quickly. He threw a punch, hitting me in my arm, sending a surge of pain through my body.

I told him not to hold back and he sure as hell wasn't.

"Be careful, Athena!" Liam yelled, concern and worry in his voice. I ignored him, sending my foot into Louis' gut, sending him backwards. I charged at him, before connecting my fists to his body rapidly. He grabbed my fists in his hands, pushing towards me, as we fought for dominance.