two

-Four Days Later-

"I'm so glad to be home." I said, as Louis and I walked into our apartment, tossing our bags onto the floor by the front door and walking towards the bedroom, not even bothered to take our shoes off. We both flopped onto the bed and laid on our backs, staring up at the white ceiling. "I just wanna sleep." I yawned, rolling onto my side and resting my head on Louis' chest, his left arm wrapped around me.

"I feel ya." He yawned, as I grabbed his left hand with my right and entwined our fingers. "We were only on the plane for four hours, how are we tired?"

"I have no idea." I mumbled, cuddling close to him and feeling my eyes get heavy. Louis turned on to his side and pressed his forehead against mine, his arm draping over me. I scanned his face, caressing his cheek, before falling asleep.

/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\

-Louis-

-Few Hours Later-

After carefully removing myself from the bed, I kissed Athena's forehead and walked out the door, remembering the text I received from Logan on the plane.

For some unknown reason, he needed to see me. And it's never a good thing when your scary, indestructible father-in-law needs to see you.

"Louis, glad you could make it." Logan greeted, as I entered the small coffee shop he told me to meet him at. He removed the sunglasses from his face and set them on the table, as I extended my hand out towards his to shake. He returned the gesture, before we both sat down.

"I know this isn't something you wanna do after getting home from your honeymoon, but this is urgent," He added, folding his hands on the table and looking at me sternly. "What I'm about to you is to stay between you and I."

Hearing that from your father-in-law was never settling. It made me very uneasy just thinking that I couldn't tell Athena about it. One thing I never wanted to do in my marriage was keep secrets. "But I can't lie to-"

"You are to keep this between you and I." He said sternly, as I nodded my head quickly and sat quietly. "War is inevitable. By killing Team Z's leader, you've sparked a fire. It may be small now, but it's not going to stay that way. That fire is going to turn into a blazing forest fire and there won't be anyway to stop it."

"Team Z is still a threat? But I thought we disbanded it and took Commander Malik down and locked him up." I questioned quietly.

"We did, but for some unknown reason, he managed to escape," He told me, as I looked down at my hand and twisted my wedding band around my finger slowly, my nerves getting to me. "He is building an army, Louis. And he's coming for Team X, especially Athena."

My head snapped up from my hand, my eyes fixated on Logan. "He's not getting anywhere near my wife." I hissed. "I will sacrifice myself before Athena gets kidnaped and tortured again. I.." I began, bitting my tongue and holding back words.

"Louis," Logan said quietly, my eyes moving from the small window to him, my heart racing fast. "Is she still having nightmares?" He asked, concern in his eyes. I nodded slowly, bitting my bottom lip. "Damn." He mumbled, before there was silence once more.

"How long do we have?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders, before crossing his arms across his chest. "I honestly don't know."

"Why do I always feel like I'm in some sort of cliché superhero movie?"

"The whole world is a cliché, Louis. We just have to go with the flow." Logan said, before standing up and putting his glasses on. I stood in front of him, as he placed a hand on my shoulder and squeezed it gently. "Remember what I said. And don't mention to Athena that I saw you. She thinks I've been overseas since after the wedding."

I nodded in understanding, before we parted ways and I headed home, hoping Athena wouldn't be awake and wondering where I was.

___________________________

Well, why not start a little of the problems to come now?

I'm typing this on my way to Cleveland, OH (Perks of living in the state) to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (Again, another perk. :D ) so, keep me company by snapchating me! I'll answer any questions you have about any of my stories, or ya just wanna chat.

snapchat: loggieofasgard

What did you think of the chapter? Lemme know!

Love you!

Logan, xx