nineteen

-Athena-

Once we were up and in the air, my dad decided it was time to release his anger on me and Louis. He slammed his fist against the wall and glared at us, before bending down to our level. "In what world did you think that coming to California was a good thing?!"

"We had to help those people, Logan!" Louis yelled, causing dad to force his thrust his out at Louis and point them in his direction. I stood up and thrusted mine out, pointing them towards dad. He looked over at me and laughed curtly, shaking his head. He retracted his claws and clenched his fist together tightly, before walk closer to me.

"Another thing: Why did you get your claws back without my permission?!"

"I don't need your permission to do anything, dad! I'm an adult and I can make my own decisions!"

"You're a twenty-two year old who acts like she's ten. You are immature and childish. You think you're saving the world by putting a suit on and healing someone? You're not."

I bit my bottom lip, trying to stop myself from saying something I'd most likely regret. But being the youngest daughter of the most temperamental man on the planet, it's hard for me to do that. "How am I immature? Childish? You're the one who's immature and childish. You left mom and I alone for years! You sent Josie to a camp so I didn't know of her existence! You leave as soon as everything goes to hell! You never acknowledge your daughters, you never praise us for doing good, you never express your emotions and feelings towards us. You act like this mean asshole all the time and I'm f***ing sick of it!"

"Athena," Mom said quietly, walking up behind my dad and towards me. "Calm down."

"At least I know my husband won't leave me to raise a child on my own! I know he'll stay by my side when everything gets tough, because that's what couples do! They stay and work through things together! He will be here when I need him, unlike you. You disappeared one day and never came back! Louis will always come back, because he loves me!" I continued, my dad staring at me emotionlessly. "I bet you don't even know what love is! Because if you loved me, or mom, or Josie, you would've stayed! You would've stop being associated with Team X and the X-Men and stayed home."

I felt Louis place a hand on my back, which was his way of calming me down at the moment. He couldn't say anything, because he knew not to get involved. He didn't want to make things worse than they already were.

Dad looked at me, his eyes full of regret and anger. I loosened up my hands, placing my palms on my thighs, looking down at the floor. "You've never told me you loved me. Not one time that I can remember vividly. You didn't even tell me that on my wedding day."

"I don't know why I came back. I thought this team needed me to fight, not to listen to my daughter criticize me for shit." Dad glared, as he got into my face and gritted his teeth. "I will not tolerate you talking about me this way. You either apologize to me for being disrespectful, or shut the hell up and stay away from me,"

"Logan-" I heard mom say, as her hand touched his shoulder to pull him away from me.

"You are nothing but rude; you're disrespectful, useless, and a bitch," He added, as I felt tears starting to form in my eyes. I never wanted this. "Look at you: you're crying because I'm telling you what the whole team sees; I'm telling you the truth. If you can't handle that, go back to your shitty little apartment and stop crying like a bitch."

"James." Mom gasped at dad, as she used his real name against him. I felt Josie grab my hand and pull me away from dad, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and pulling me out of the area and to another portion of the plane. Once there, I lost it. I sat on the bench near me and hid my face, my breath hitting my face with each sob. Josie rubbed a hand on my back up and down, trying to calm me down and help me gain composure. But I couldn't.

I don't deserve Josie's kindness. I was receiving karma for everything I said to dad and I deserved it, I honestly didn't think his words would hurt as bad as they did though.

"I'm sorry, A." Josie apologized quietly, her head on my shoulder. I looked up at her and saw a blurry figure, my eye burning for crying.

"Why are you apologizing? I need to apologize." I mumbled, wiping away the tears on my cheeks and sighing. "You're not the one that f***ed up her relationship with her father."

Josie was quiet for some time, the only sounds being my heavy breathing and the plane's engines. "You obviously don't know the things we've said to each other, A," She told me quietly. "But that's a story for a different day."

Before I could say anything, Louis appeared, his face full of worry. Josie kissed the side of my head and patted my shoulder, before standing up and leaving me with my husband. I gave him a small broken smile, running my fingers through my hair, before he walked towards me and sat on the floor, grabbing my hand and pulling me onto his lap.

He wrapped his arms around he, as I buried my head into the crook of his neck. He didn't say a word, and that's because I don't there was much for him to say. How does a husband tell their wife that their father is an asshole with out being totally upfront about it?

But just simply having Louis hold me tight was comforting.

"I hate to be a bother, but we have a big problem." Kristine said, rushing into the room and hanging out in the doorway. Louis and I looked up, her eyes wide in shock. I stood up from Louis' lap and helped him off the floor, as we followed Kristine back to join the others.

"Stay close to me, okay?" Louis whispered, grabbing my hand and lacing our fingers together. I nodded, before we walked in and saw Liam panicking at the computer monitor. "Liam, what's up?"

"Zayn just released robots in almost every major city in the country. The news says fires are spreading like wildfire."

"Where do we go first?" Mom asked,placing her hands on the back of Liam's chair and looking at the monitor.

"It says that Florida has been hit the hardest thus far."

"Then that's our next stop." Mom said, looking over at my dad and giving him a slight glare. Dad rolled his eyes, which only made my mom slap him in his arm. "Athena, you should go take a nap. you seem a little stressed and exhausted." She walked over to me and kissed my forehead, pulling away and scanning my face. She pushed some hair out of my face, before walking away and tugging on my dad's arm, forcing him to follow her.

I looked at Louis and sighed, as he hooked his arm around my waist and held me close, as we walked back towards the bunker. "What's going to happen when we get to Florida?" I asked him, as I sat down on one of the cots, patting the spot next to me.

Louis shrugged, walking in front of me and gently holding my face in his hands, his thumbs running over my cheek bones. "I don't know, babe. But we'll figure it out, don't worry."

"I'll always worry, Lou."

"Leave the worrying to me, A," He smiled, before kissing my lips softly and leaning his forehead against mine. "I need to talk to Liam, I'll be back in a little bit. I love you."

I wanted to ask what they needed to talk about, but I really didn't want to start a fight. "I love you, too."

With that, he left me in the bunker, my thoughts becoming louder than usual.

_______________________________

Comment and vote on the chapter! Please? :)

LINK TO Q&A VIDEO IN THE COMMENTS

Love you all.

Logan, xxx