twenty-six

IMPORTANT NOTE AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER, PLEASE READ AND PARTICIPATE!

OKAY, ENJOY.

_______________________________

-Louis-

"How are we to get inside the building of Zayn has sentinels blocking the doors?" I asked, peeking out from behind the flipped car, looking at the metal machines. There had to be a way to sneak in undetected, but how?

"All entrances into the building are being guarded." Harry announced. "They are all controlled by one master switch and that is located inside the building."

Josie crouched down beside me, looking at her parents and myself with a determined expression. "There has to be a way in." Josie said. "I mean, I can distract them-"Natalie and Logan both shook their heads, Josie giving her parents a questioning glance. "What?"

"Nat, do you think you could sneak past them and shut off the master control?" Logan asked, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You're the only one with the invisibility." My mother-in-law looked at Logan for a moment, glancing between the building and him repeatedly, before she nodded in agreement. She placed her palm on the side of his face and gave him a smile, before she vanished.

We all stood behind the flipped car, poking our heads up ever few minutes to see if Natalie had succeeded and gained entrance. It was nerve wrecking knowing that my mother-in-law was on her own. Athena would kill me if anything happened to her.

I nervously fiddled with my wedding band, my mind slowly trying to process a plan. There had to be a way to maneuver ourselves through the building without drawing attention. Once Natalie shuts down all the sentinels, we need to get up to Athena quietly, but knowing the group I'm with, someone will screw everything up.

"Louis," I heard, looking beside me to find Liam. "I honestly and truthfully don't know what's going to happen in there."

Normally, it was Liam telling me that everything was going to be fine. But the roles reversed, making Liam the one doubting everything. "It's going to be fine, mate."

"If something does end up happening in there-"

"Nothing will happen."

"-I want you to know the gender of the baby."

"How do you know the gender? It's too early to know." I replied, looking at him weirdly. Athena was only three months along, how could Liam even know the gender?

"Well, I-"

"Guys! We have a ninety second window before Zayn's tech guy notices the sentinels are down!" Logan announced, before quickly heading into the Empire State Building. I looked at Liam, Josie, and Harry, my mind trying to comprehend what exactly just happened. I peeked my head out from behind the flipped, noticing all the sentinels were shut down and falling over. "Get your asses over here now!"

"Better listen to dad, Louis." Josie warned, before jumping over the car and running towards the building. Liam and Harry stared at each other, following Josie into the building. "Louis!"

"I am coming!" I snapped, my feet carrying me into the building and beside Josie, my arms crossed against my chest. "Jesus, both your and yourself are impatient. I was coming-"

Josie glared at me, her eyes shooting daggers. I rolled my eyes and looked at Harry, waiting for him to tell us how to proceed, in hopes to not screw anything up. "Styles," Logan said through gritted teeth, making Harry mumble something under his breath and roll his eyes.

"There are a hundred and two floors to the Empire State Building. We are currently in the main lobby. Zayn and Athena are most likely located on the observation deck." Harry explained. I looked around the area, examining my options. "There are eighty-six flights of stairs and seventy-three elevators-"