twenty-two

-Athena-

I heard the plane crash and I'm dead serious when I say that it felt like my heart completely shattered.

I had no idea of Louis made it off alive. I had no idea if he and the others were safe. All I could do was sit in the sand and pray nothing bad happened and that Louis was looking for me.

"Are you okay, Mrs. Athena?" Andi asked me, as she sat close to me in the sand, crossing her legs and placing her hands on top of her knees. I stared at the little girl for a moment, before shrugging my shoulders and pushing some hair behind my ear. "Is your baby okay?"

"I believe- Andi, how do you know I'm pregnant?" I asked, looking at her with a confused look.

"Miss. Josie told me." Well, at least she didn't have a power.

I nodded in understanding, before placing my hand on top of my stomach, hoping that the baby was, in fact, okay. I removed my hand from my stomach and placed it on Andi's shoulder, exhaling slowly.

"I'm going to go see Josie, would you like to come?"

"No, thank you." Andi replied, before lying down in the sand, looking up at the sky. I smiled at her, before standing up from the sand and walking over to my sister and mother.

"I really hope your father made it off the plane." I heard my mom say, which made me realize my dad was on the plane with us before it crashed. "I know him and Athena were down each other's throats, but after talking to him, he seemed like he regretted everything that was said."

Josie picked up wood in the threw it into the fire, wiping her hands on her thighs. "If he is regretting what he said, he shouldn't have said it in the first place."

"Josephine Violet, he is your father."

"Yeah, well he's an asshole." Josie spat, looking at mom directly. "He needs to learn how to filter himself."

"Josie, your father has a temper and he's been around a very long time, he wouldn't be able to handle a filter."

"He has treated Athena and myself like shit lately and I'm tired of it."

"He loves you both more than you will understand." Mom told her, before I cleared my throat, causing them both to turn and face me, all the color draining from my mother's face. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough." I shrugged, as I helped them build the fire. "You still love dad, don't you?" I asked mom, as she stopped what she was doing and stared at the fire pit. Josie and I glanced at mom, as she dropped another chunk of wood into the pit.

After all these years, I knew mom still loved dad. Through the heartache and tears, Natalie Bolton has always and will forever love Logan.

Josie started sparking the fire slowly, as mom ran her fingers through her hair and sighed. "Your father was my first love. He was the only man I had ever loved," She told Josie and I, as Kristine sat beside Josie and Andi sat beside me. "When I met him at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, he wasn't as big as a douche like he is now. Yes, he was still intimidating, but I saw past that."

"Was it hard?" Kristine asked.

"To look past his stubbornness? Yes. But I did it." She replied, as Josie poked the fire around enough to get the small flame to grow. "He wanted nothing to do with me for a while. I had always found him attractive and mysterious, I actually caught myself staring at him from afar on more than one occasion. But one day, something was different."

"How?" I asked, as Andi rested her head in my lap and looked at mom.

"He asked me out to dinner. He didn't know my name, or anything. He just walked up to me and told me to meet him by his quarters before seven."

"Was the date worth it?" Josie asked.

Mom nodded her head, reaching up to her neck and fiddling with the necklace dad had gotten her years ago. "Absolutely. We went on multiple dates after that. He was smiling a lot more and laughing more often; it was amazing. Then the night after I had left Xavier's for good, he invited me to his apartment and we had an special conversation."

"By special, you mean romantic, don't ya?" Kristine smiled, causing mom to smile and sigh.

"He told me that he loved me and gave me the whole cliché parts, too. He made me feel like I was the best thing in the world. Once we brought Josie and you into the world, I thought everything was going to be perfect. And it was, for a little while."

"Is this the part where he makes a grand exit?" I asked, mom nodding and crossing her legs Indian style.

"He told me he had a mission to do in Japan and that he would be back in three months tops. I believed him like an idiot and let him go, while I stayed at home and took care of you, since you had just turned two," She began, as she looked at me. "I'd call him, but it'd would head straight to voicemail. I'd call hotels to see if he checked in and I'd get turned away. It wasn't until he sent me a postcard in the mail that I knew he wasn't coming home."

We were all silent for a while. Mom pulled her knees up to her chest and exhaled slowly, as Josie, Kristine, and I looked at each other quickly. It was sad to hear how dad left my mom, since I didn't know the full story. He had told me multiple times that he left to protect mom, Josie, and myself, but was it all true? Or was it another one of his lies?

"Yes, Athena," Mom spoke up, as I looked over and stared at her for a moment. "I still love your father. I dunno if we'll ever get back together, but I do know is that he loves you and Josie more than life itself. He would sacrifice everything he owned for you two."

"And for you." I told her, reaching over and placing my hand on her shoulder. She gave me a soft smile, before placing her hand on top of mind, giving it a slight squeeze.

With that, I gently removed Andi's head from lap and stood up, heading down the beach towards where I heard the plane crash. I needed to find Louis, that's why I was going to search for him.

In all honesty, I really shouldn't have left the group. It was nightfall and we're on a mysterious beach with no idea where the other half of the group was. But alas, I'm trying to find my husband, best friends, and possibly my father on my own.

Good one, Athena.

Once I was sure I was away from the group, I yelled out Louis' name, hoping he would hear me. I was most likely disturbing all the wildlife around me and making a huge ruckus, but I needed him. "Louis!" I shouted, as I started running. I looked in every direction, saying his name at the top of my lungs.

But I didn't get that far before I heard a low menacing laugh and was introduced to complete darkness.

________________________________

I have no idea what to say about this chapter. What did you think?

Send me songs for the Thunder playlist!

I'm going to Cedar Point (located in Sandusky, OH) tomorrow (June 14th) so add me on snapchat. I might post some stuff throughout the day.

Love you all, xx

Snapchat: loganpoole28