eight

-Athena-

"As much as I hate talking about that Irish bastard, there are things you all need to know." Dad explained, sitting on the chair in the living room, becoming the center of attention.

"Will this help with the inevitable war about to happen?" I said, crossing my arms and leaning into the couch. Louis glanced over at me and placed his hand on the top of my thigh, as my dad stared at me. "I mean, you made my husband not tell me that I most likely was going to die."

"I didn't want you to worry. So if you don't mind, I'd like to drop that conversation, thanks." Dad snapped, before looking around the room and sighing. "Niall had plenty of secrets that many didn't know. I know Liam knew a couple from school, but for the most part he was a closed book. He never really let anyone in."

I stared at my dad, trying to figure out what he knew and how any of the secrets would help. Niall's secrets and life weren't that important. Did I want some questions to be answered? Of course, but why dig up what has been stashed away?

"Niall formed Team Z a few months after the Rome incident. He wanted some form of way to get even with me for leaving him, so he built up a team and made Zayn Commander," Dad began, his eyes fixated on the floor. "Zayn knew from the beginning what he was getting into and he played the Commander card well, hence why no one suspected anything."

"Niall was always a sneaky bastard." Liam mumbled, looking at me and sighing. "When we shared a room at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, he would always sneak out, especially after he met Kristine." Liam added.

I looked at Louis with a raised eyebrow, confused to who Kristine was. Considering that Niall never talked about his past, I wouldn't have known he had an ex of any sorts. "Who's Kristine?" I asked, looking at Liam directly. "Could she help us?"

Liam shrugged, sitting up in his seat and leaning forward, his elbows on top of his thighs. "I don't know, to be honest. I haven't spoken to her in years. I was the one that had to tell her Niall was 'dead'." He said, putting quotation marks around dead.

"What happened in Rome?" Josie asked Dad, trying to change the subject back to just Niall. "You said he tried to kill you, but what was else happened?"

"He thought he was better than me. He thought that since his abilities were strong and much more advanced to mine, he thought he could step up to me. He tried to rip my claws out in my sleep and I woke up as soon as he touched my hand. So, I fought him in an alley way and when I figured I won and made my point, I left him there and never looked back."

"When Niall was growing up, he was placed in multiple different foster homes. His parents didn't want an abnormal child, so they got rid of him. Even in the system, he was treated terribly. Most homes rarely fed him, or let him get fresh air." Liam said.

Did I feel bad for Niall? Yes. But that doesn't shadow what he's done. Sadly, I have no room to talk, nor judge. I'm just was terrible as he was.

"He came to Xavier's with something to prove. But no one really knew what he had planned. He got to the point where he left Xavier's and lived with Kristine in an apartment near the school. I was at Xavier's a few years ago to gather up some files and a few things my great-granddad had left behind for me. I had the rights to his estate, but Niall showed up and we fought. He alone caused so much damage to Xavier's, no one is allowed near the estate."

"Power went to his head." Louis concluded, as my dad nodded.

"He craved it so much, he held power over you," Dad said, pointing at me. "He was able to convince you with his ability of compulsion. You were under his control and tricked into doing his dirty work." He continued. "It was his way to get to me."

I knew I was a ploy, but I didn't realize I was under some sort of compulsion. "So, why am I wanted dead?"

"Because you helped kill the Team Z leader." Dad said.

"But so did everyone else in this room. Why are they only targeting me?" I asked, glaring at my dad, as Louis squeezed my thigh, telling me to stay calm. "Why am I the only one they want?"

"They want us all, Athena!" Dad snapped, banging his hand on the arm rest of his chair. "I don't know exactly why they want you, okay? They just want you more than the rest of us."

"Okay, you need to calm down." Louis said, standing up from his spot and looking at my dad with a slight glare. "You have no right to talk to her like that."

Dad scuffed, standing up and stepping up to Louis, their faces close to each others. "I'll talk to my daughter how I want."

"She's my wife and I refuse to stand here and have her so-called father talk to her like that."

"You don't wanna step up to me, Tomlinson." He threatened, his claws now on full display.

"Fight me, I dare you." Louis edged him on, getting into my dad's face more.

"Both of you need to stop." Josie said, standing up from the floor and trying to separate them from each other. "This is ridiculous."

I was just about to say something, before I placed my hand over my mouth and stood up from the couch quickly and ran to the bathroom. My throat began to burn, as I found myself hunched over in the toilet. I felt like absolute shit and this was a sign.

"Athena." Louis said, as he walked into the bathroom, his shoes hitting against the tile. I looked up at him, before hurling again. "Baby, what's wrong?" He asked, grabbing my hair and holding it away from my face, as I hurled once more.

"I'm not feeling too well." I confessed, once I felt like I was done. I backed away from the toilet and sat on the floor, leaning my back against the bathtub. "But I'll be okay."

"If you aren't feeling well, we'll head home." He insisted, as I shook my head and stood up from the floor, flushing the toilet and walking to the sink, trying to get the taste out if my mouth. Once we walked back into the living room.

"Are you-" My dad began.

"What's our plan?" I asked, looking around at every one in room. I thought back to the conversation about Kristine, Niall's ex that was mentioned. "Can Kristine help? Would she know anything about the war?"

"She might. I mean, I can try and find her." Liam said. "But you might be in for a surprise when you see her."

"Why?" I asked, crossing my arms and staring at him. Liam looked at Harry, as Harry looked at Josie. "What's going to be so shocking about Kristine?"

"Well, meeting Kristine means..." Josie began, looking at Harry and Liam.

"You'll be meeting not only Kristine, but her daughter; Niall's daughter."

_____________________________

BOOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE! DIDNT SEE THAT COMING DID YOU?

COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK, OKAY? IM DESPERATE TO KNOW!

I love you all very much.

Logan, xx