twelve

-Louis-

"Natalie, please. I wouldn't beg if it wasn't this important." I pleaded, pacing the floor of the apartment, my phone against my ear.

"I don't know, Louis. I haven't fought anyone, or anything for that matter, in years." She replied. "And even if I did decide to help, how am I supposed to train in a day? It's not physically possible."

I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed, frustration consuming me. We, as a team, need more members to help fight. So far, no one is willing to help and its pissing not only myself off, but Liam and Harry.

"Natalie, I'm literally begging you right now. We, as a team, need your help. This war is going to be massive and if we don't build up an army, we will not win,"

"I understand that-"

"Your daughters and Logan's lives are on the line here. My life is on the line. Liam and Harry's lives are on the line. Malik and his army will not stop until they've destroyed the world. I don't know about you, but I would like to continue living my life with my wife and possibly have children in the future." I snapped, the frustration evident in my voice.

The line was silent for a moment, as I turned around and saw Athena come out of the bathroom and cross her arms, leaning against the wall. I was supposed to go to Liam and Harry's, but I decided against it, since Athena really wasn't feeling well.

I looked at her and shrugged, as she sighed and walked into the kitchen, sitting in the counter top, patiently waiting for me to get off the phone. I knew she had something to say, but what could it have been?

"I'll be there in eight hours. Maybe less." Natalie said, before hanging up the phone, allowing me to sigh in relief. At least one person wanted to help.

I threw my phone onto the couch and walked towards Athena, standing in front of her, my hands on the counter. She ran one of her hands through my hair, before sighing deeply. Something was on her mind, and I wanted to know. "What's going on in that pretty little mind?" I asked.

"I have something to tell you." She blurted, her hands moving down to her lap and folding together. I placed my hands on the top of her hands and waited patiently for her to tell me what she needed to say. She closed her eyes and bit her lip, before taking one of her hands and pointing towards the bathroom. I looked at her with a confused expression, before she cupped my face in her hands. "I left you something on the bathroom counter." She added softly, kissing my lips quickly before booting towards the bathroom.

I made my way into the bathroom, expecting to see something that explains her job offer in Los Angeles. Once I rounded the corner and through the door way, I looked at the counter and my breath hitched in my throat, as I saw three white pregnancy tests, all of which were positive.

All the sickness made sense now.

In other news: I was going to be a dad.

I was extremely happy, but afraid and nervous at the same time. The idea that Malik and his team want her out of everyone one on Team X frightens me. If she was to get kidnaped, that meant I had to save two people, not one. What if something was to happen to Athena during the war and it affects the baby? I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

I walked out of the bathroom and towards Athena, who was siting on the counter staring at her bare feet. When I placed my hands on her waist, she looked up and gave me a sheepish smile. I cupped her face in my hands and pressed my lips against her gently, the kiss slow and sweet. She pulled away from me for a moment and placed her hands on my chest. "You're not angry?"

I looked her weirdly, removing my hands from her face and placing them on the counter top on opposite sides of her. "Why would I be angry?" I asked softly, as Teddy rubbed his small orange body against my leg.

"I don't know.. I mean.. It's the wrong time to have a baby, especially with this war about to happen. We aren't out of college yet. Our apartment is too small-"

"It may not be the most opportune time. We may be living in an apartment that's too small. We might not be graduated yet," I began, pushing hair from her face. "But sometimes the best things in life come unexpectedly."

She looked up at me slightly, a small smile on her face. I pressed my forehead against hers and kissed the tip of her nose, her hands being placed on the sides of my neck, as silence filled the room.

Athena and I shared a common feeling about this whole thing. We were both happy, but nervous at that. Now that there was a baby in the mix, I needed to protect her. I needed to protect the baby. I need to protect my friends and family.

I needed to protect the world.

"I still want to fight." She whispered, as I backed up slightly to look at her. "I don't want you to keep me on the sidelines and worry. I don't want to be stuck at home, or at headquarters worrying about you. Please don't treat me like I'm fragile."

"Athena-"

"I am fighting this war." She declared, standing her ground and staring at me with determination. I sighed, knowing that arguing with her was useless. My wife was a strong, very determined woman and once she has her mind set on something, it's game over.

"Stop being so damn stubborn." I laughed, as she shook her head and joined me in laughter.

"I'll be stubborn if I want to." She replied, before pressing her lips to mine and smiling against my lips. When she pulled away from me a few moments later, she looked down at her stomach and sighed happily. "There's a baby in there." She said, pointing at her stomach.

"I know." I smiled, kissing her cheek quickly. "I think Harry might have a little experience with babies, ultrasounds, and all that jazz. Should we ask him to help?"

"It wouldn't be a bad idea. I'd like to see how far along-" Just as she went to finish her thought, Liam and Josie burst through the door and walked towards us quickly. We both looked over at them, big tears streaming down Liam's face and panic on Josie's. "Oh my God, Liam." Athena said, pushing herself off the counter and walking up to him, hugging him tight.

He sobbed, holding onto her for dear life. I had never seen him in that star "Josie, what's going on?" I asked, as she grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the door.

"We need to go." She rushed, as Athena and Liam followed behind us. "We need to get to the hospital now."

"Jo, you aren't making any sense," Athena said, as Liam wiped his face on his hoodie sleeve.

"Harry is severely injured. He has burns, he wasn't breathing, and he wouldn't respond to me." Liam sobbed, as Athena hugged him tighter. "I can't lose him."

"Oh my God." I gasped, as she stopped Josie stopped in her tracks and stared at me. "How did this happen?"

"Malik and his f***ing crew, that's what happened." Josie replied. "They took important files, raided the place top to bottom, even kidnapped a few of the members living there. Louis, they blew up Team X headquarters."

_______________________________

HERE COMES THE BOOM... Literally..

You will be seeing more of Athena and Josie's mom, Natalie, who is played by the beautiful Jennifer Aniston.

Lemme know what you think, I'm quite curious.

I love you all and please don't hurt me.

Logan, xxxx