twenty-seven

-Louis-

Every floor held a new challenge.

Between mindless Team Z minions and sentinels, I had a large amount of blood on my hands. And although I felt bad for ending lives, I had to save my family and protect my friends.

By the time we were three floors away from the observation deck, I knew the biggest challenge would show up at any moment.

"Louis, we gotta move!" Liam yelled, wiping the sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand. I nodded, before another of the minions came at me. I held up my index finger at Liam, before taking the guy's neck in my hands, and throwing him against the wall. I punched him in the gut twice and once in the side of the head, before he fell to the floor, unconscious.

We ran up the many flights of stairs before I held my fist in the air, signaling for everyone to halt. "Lou, what are you-" Josie began, before I interrupted.

"Do you smell that?" I asked quietly. The air around us smelt of fast food, blood, and sweat. I wanted to think it was us, but something told me it wasn't. I sniffed myself, the rest of the group following suit out of pure self-consciousness.

"Maybe it's Naughty." Natalie mentioned, causing me to gag. Greasy Man should've been his name. "Maybe he's close."

"Just in case we do run into him, does anyone have some food? I'm pretty sure we could deep-fry food with the amount of grease on him." I said, causing Harry and Liam to snort. Yes, they both snorted.

I tried really hard not to laugh at them.

"Just get up the f***ing stairs." Logan snapped. I rolled my eyes, before we slowly commenced up to Zayn's makeshift tech room.

"How are we going to do this?" Natalie asked.

"We drag his ass." Liam replied, causing all of us to stop and look at him. Never have I heard Liam say something like that. "What?"

"God, I love you." Harry laughed, before a door slammed shut, all of us jumping out of our skin. We looked into the direction of the noise, only to find a large man with his arms crossed.

"Fancy seeing you all here." He said, as I slowly walked up to him. "Here to save your little wife?"

"Where is she?" I asked sternly, my eyes glaring at him. I balled my fists up, before I stood directly in front of him, trying not to lose my cool. He smirked, his arms still crossed against his chest. "I asked you a question, Burrito Boy. I expect you to answer it."

He laughed, rolling his eyes at me. "I don't have to answer to you." I looked at him and nodded my head, relaxing my hands and looking over my shoulder at the group, chuckling to myself. "Now, I have to kill you."

"That's more of a joke than a threat, bud." Logan spoke up, causing everyone to snort. I looked back at the man in front of me, before I kicked him hard enough in the gut to send him flying backwards, his back slamming against the wall.

As he walked up writhed in pain, I walked over and crouched in front of him, clasping my hands together and laughing. "You honestly think you can take me on? Really?"

"Harry," Liam whispered behind me. "Go in there and shut down every sentinel and override all his systems."

"You won't do anything. All my systems are top of the line and impossible to even hack. If you think you'll stop the sentinels and crash my systems, you're hilarious, mate." Burrito said, as he tried to stand up. I heard Harry chuckle a bit, before a bright light appeared behind me, the sound of cracking and popping echoing off the walls.

"Do not mess with me." Harry hissed, throwing a small ball of fire near Burrito's leg as he walked into the tech room. He squirmed, trying to move away from the fire, before it died out.

"He's right," I said, causing the man in front of me to look at me dead in the face. "You shouldn't mess with him. He can set you on fire," I added, before I snapped my fingers, causing him to jump. "Just like that."

"Cut the shit, Tomlinson," Logan hissed behind me, before pushing me out of the way, his claws on full display and aimed towards Burrito Boy. "You have three seconds to tell me where my daughter is before I personally kill you." The man on the floor looked at my father-in-law with fear in his eyes. I looked behind me at Liam, who nodded and pointed his index finger up towards the ceiling.

Our original hunch was correct: the observation deck.

"Thank you for the information, buddy." I replied, kicking him in the stomach once more.

"Everything is taken care of!" Harry yelled, running out of the room. I nodded, before we continued making our way up to the very top of the building.

/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\

-Athena-

My arms and ankles were chafing terribly due to the rope they tied around me. I was trying to remain quiet, because I knew if I were to speak, I'd probably be killed.

But I'm terrible at holding my tongue.

"You aren't going to get away with this." I spat, causing Zayn to laugh loudly.

"That's the oldest line in the book, Tomlinson." He replied, walking towards me and crouching to my level, grabbing my chin roughly. "You honestly think Louis is going to save you in time? Even with all my minions and sentinels? You amuse me."

"Commander!" Jade yelled, running up to Zayn a full speed. "The sentinels - they've dropped!"

"What?!" He snapped, standing up from his crouching position and towards the edge of the observation deck. Oh, how I wish Liam was here to telekinetically push him off the edge. "Where the f*** is Shahid?!"

Just as I smiled at his setback, I felt something gently kick me. I jumped, looking around frantically. I slowly looked down towards my stomach, another kick appearing. It took me a few minutes to realize that my baby was starting to kick. "Baby, you picked a terrible time to kick. Mommy is in a real bad spot right now-"

"Why are you talking to your stomach?" Perrie asked, causing me to look up at the platinum blonde quickly, my eyes open wide. In fear Zayn would do something to intentionally hurt my baby, I didn't want them to know I was pregnant. I felt like he would want to hurt the baby before he hurt me. "You're pregnant?"

"I-"

"Perrie! Stop talking to her and get down to the tech room! Find out what the hell is going on!" Zayn hissed, causing her to head towards the stairs quickly. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath, before I felt a firm grip on my shoulder. I tried to look to see who it was, but I couldn't see anyone.

"Louis and the others are nearby; almost on the last flight of stairs. I was ahead of everyone." I heard, a sigh of relief escaping my lips once I realized it was my mother in disguise. "I'm going to try and untie you without being detected, okay? Just stay still and-"

"Natalie Bolton!" Zayn laughed, walking towards me slowly. "Nice of you to join us."

Well, shit.

________________________________

THE BATTLE IS STARTING. IT IS STARTING.

OKAY SO, I STILL WANT PREDICTIONS AS TO WHAT YOU THINK THE GENDER OF THE BABY IS GOING TO BE! ALSO, USING THE INFORMATION FROM A FEW CHAPTERS BEFORE, WHAT DOES F.L.T STAND FOR? THAT'S RIGHT, Y'ALL ARE GONNA PREDICT THE NAME!

Next chapter, the playlist is being released. So, this is your last chance to add songs that remind you of this book! So, send songs!

Also! Would you like me to make a video in which I tell you more about myself? Lemme know.

Alright, I love you guys.

Logan, xx

Wattpad Instagram: loganpoolewattpad