Episode 1 Part 3

Author's note. I'm going to be referring to the boy as Carm from now on (remember this name is largely a placeholder)

—————————

As he made his way to the recess field, Carm saw something strange. Upon closer inspection, he realized it was actually a boy, the first one he'd seen all day! He wondered if he was on his tank crew, so he decided to give him a test.

The boy was slightly shorter than him, and he had some slight facial hair. As he walked towards him, it turns out he didn't need to introduce himself. The other kid looked over rather intently, and upon seeing Carm, the kid said, in plan English.

"Thank the Lord! Are you on my tank crew as well?"

"First of all likewise, it's good to see another boy, especially one from home! And second, I am on the tank crew. What position are you in?"

The kid pulls out a piece of paper

"Says here I'm the Gunner"

"Can I see that?" Carm says

"Sure!" He says as he hands him the paper

"Oooh! I'm the Commander!" Carm says rather excitedly

"Really?"

"Yes really!"

"Oh in that case Private First Class Garrison Smithson reporting for duty!"

"I can see you've seen plenty of war movies!"

"YES SARGENT!"

Everyone eyes them like they are crazy
"Stop shouting Gary"
"What did you just call me?"
"Gary, can I not call you that?"
"Oh no sir, just a little weird is all"
They both bust out laughing, as they make their way to recess.

They place was well manicured with cut short grass, and cherry blossom trees providing shade. There were groups of girls everywhere doing tiktoks and whatnot. However a much more important manner was taking place among the few boys the littered the open field.

"Hey Gary"
"Yeah?"
"You have your first mission"
"What is it Sarge?"
"See if you can't find the rest of the crew, and once you have meet here" he said pointing to bench near a cherry blossom tree.

"Yes Sarge!" He exclaimed excitedly as he ran off to do his assignment

"Gosh he acts way too, enthusiastic" Carm thinks to himself.

Shortly after they'd all been assembled they all got to meet their commander.

"Attention!" Gary announced "Your commanding officer is here!" He then got in line

They all stood up and lined up
After witnessing this Carm had realized way they were all selected for this, they acted like a tank crew should. Following orders and craved the militaristic feel of acting like a soldier going to war. After all this was a sport about tanks and shooting at other tanks with those tanks.

Carm entered, putting his hands behind his back and trying to look as menacing as possible

"Hey, you private! What is your name!" Carm said, sternly

"Danny Bellwether SIR!"

"Where from!"

"West Virginia!"