Episode 1 Part 2

Later

—————

After a lengthy gaming session, it was time to leave. The time was 8:45 AM, and there was no hurt in leaving early. Opening the curtains on the windows, and all the sunlight flooding in showed off the.... pink rug on the floor.

He didn't really care, he already had enough on his mind. This place was complete madness in comparison to what he was used to,

like for example, the fairly non-mind boggling fact that the WHOLE SCHOOL AND EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE ON AND NEAR IT WERE ON A GARGANTUAN SHIP.

It is insane to think about what obscene effort went into building this city on water.

How much money did it take to maintain? Who maintains the ship?
.
.
.
.
At this point he didn't even bother to ask questions, after all, he IS going to command a LIVE TANK complete with a Cannon and rotating turret.

He had received a 1944 pattern US tanker uniform from home before he left, for all he felt he was going to war.

"Are the students as crazy as this school?"

"How does no one get hurt or die when driving tanks?" He thought out loud.

He marched up to the door, US army-style Backpack, complete with name, canteen pouch and the English letters U.S. on the back in case anyone didn't think he was foreign when he walked in.

He opened the door and was greeted with seabreeze and sunlight, the apartment he was in did not have hallways,

but opened straight out into the open concrete structure. He turned around, locked the door, flipped back around and marched down the staircase and onto the sidewalk.

Where he then proceeded to WALK to school. Whilst walking he seemed to forget just how tall he was.

He was 6ft tall, and so everyone and everything looked really....

...short,

In the US he was fairly average-sized, but in Japan, he was huge.

he was reminded of this when he passed by a bakery and swore he would hit his head if he tried to enter.

All of the cars had the steering wheel on the other side and were also very small. He hummed the US marching song, "When Johnny comes Marching home" to himself as he watched the world go by.

A few schoolgirls would pop up here and there but they would see the large figure approaching and move out of the way, murmuring in their language of Japanese.

His own Japanese wasn't that good but is was good enough, he could understand sentences,

but it was far more appealing to speak in his native tongue of Americanized English whenever possible.

The school building was easy to spot, it had cherry blossom trees and the huge, blue logo of Ooarai near the top, either it was some 5 pronged German World War II era Balkenkreuz, or a ribbon of some kind.