Introduction

(A/N- Before I get started I would like to say that this is my first fanfiction, or public work in general, I have ever made, by all means enjoy!)

Here is some answers I made to a few questions you may have regarding the story.

*Sensha-Do was initially developed as almost a military exercise, like a war game. Similar to jousting where two horseback riders would run at each other armed with lances, and attempt to knock off the other. A Non lethal war game. Just replace horses with (WW1) tanks. The sight of these large lumbering steel beasts would terrify people but as more matches were played this fear would fade away, so it was actually seen as a confidence building art. This was what Sensha-Do was in the 1920s. When 1937 rolled around and the second Sino-Japanese war started, practically all Sensha-Do practitioners were conscripted to the frontline, due to their knowledge of war machines and experience with guns. Up till now the grand majority of practitioners were men, and with all of them gone, girls and young women were experimented in the art of Sensha-Do. After the end of World War II and the Japanese defeat. Japan's military pride was in shambles, Sensha-Do was seen as aggressive and warlike due to its use of Tanks, and after considering the grand majority of participants were guys, girls were more and more instead used in the sport to appear more passive, thinking of men in the sport almost as an act of aggression. As the decades dragged on the world would age almost exactly how we would know it, except for Japan. In Japan, tanks were seen as a girls thing, while outside Japan, tanks were war machines driven usually by guys.

*School ships existed for a long time, but have only really rose to prominence in Japan. School ships were seen as a way to prepare students for life on a ship, and thanks to Japan being an island, and it having many other islands under its control, boats were seen as an essential part of travel. They started off small and got bigger until they realized that they couldn't spend the countless years at sea away from their families. And so eventually, the decision was greenlit to place family homes aboard ships. The concept eventually kept ballooning in size until school ships were created, with billion-ton monsters started taking to the seas.

*Other countries like Nazi Germany tried to create a Sensha-Do program as well (known as Panzerkraft). To appeal to things like the Hitlerjugend (Hitler youth) and create kids who could dominate battlefields with experience in live tanks, the Soviet Union hopped on this growing trend, with Komsomol boys scouts using armored vehicles in mock fights in the mid 1930s. Thee U.S., Fascist Italy, and the UK also started youth tankers projects of their own, however, these projects were short lived due to sheer costs and they were discontinued around late 1939-1940 when World War II began and tanks in civilian use became a waste of manpower and resources.

*The Federal Republic of Germany attempted to resurrect Panzerkraft in the 2010s. They sent some students to Japan to gain experience for a while, using reproduction tanks to fight Kuromorimine in an international exhibition match, but cost issues prevailed after the German school lost to Kuromorimine, shutting the Panzerkraft project down in Germany for the second time in 100 years.

*A sport like Sensha-Do for planes was attempted, but once again failed because safety was a horrid issue, mainly because there was no way to save a plane from going down. So the pilot had to bail out, and many things could happen. Thankfully nothing went wrong on the test runs.

*Also a whole warship being manned and shooting at one another for sport is out of the question, even Japan couldn't cover the costs.

*The boys come from six different schools. (in the United States of course) And all schools agreed to provide a portion of funding for their tank, and rent for their apartments are paid for as well by each of the respective student's schools, but nothing more. So stuff like food (outside of the cafeteria) comes out their pocket.

*IM DOING THIS ALL VIA IPAD (HELP)

*This starts at the same time as Girls und Panzer's Anime series does, and so many events will be similar as that of the series. (The series will deviate more and more from the show as you read further)

——————

*Everywhere outside of Japan looks like real life

(A/N Hear me out here)

The Atomic Bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki at the end of World War II have triggered a chemical reaction in a radioactive conductor material underneath Japan, irradiating the mainland and some small islands off of the coast, drastically altering the looks of inhabitants after the end of World War II. Albeit none of the radiation has really been harmful in terms of death.

Said radioactive element is still very unknown in nature, with scientists still studying the element, it does have self replication capability, and usually used as a means to construct schoolships

As a result, Japanese people in this universe have larger than normal eyes, higher-on-average pitched voices, a slightly high proportion of born children being female-to-male (1.2 females to every male infant, although this could just be a coincidence, up to you to decide). As well as a slight difference in skeletal structure, making noses and nostrils much smaller, and making lips flesh colored and extremely smooth skin. Also, tendencies for erratic behavior (especially among females) is higher and a greater tendency to be more effeminate, as well as seeing more color than average human beings.

The radiation has seemed to affect the environment, making natural structures like trees seem way more colorful and bright.

These genetic changes took effect in the late 1940s and early 1950s, called the "animated scare" by how exaggerated the proportions were in irradiated people to make them look almost akin to animated cartoon characters. It was thought to be spreading around the world, provoking a panic among most world population for the entirety of the early 1950s, thus the "animated scare". Derogatory terms for irradiated include "Big Eyes" "Crayons" "Waxskins" etc.

The world population outside of Japan has been nearly exactly like real life, with standard sized proportions and average colors.

(TLDR: Anime people and Irl people coexist and Americans are normal.)

-None of this belongs to me, everything that I reference is property of their creator!!-