Chapter 51

Chapter 51

~ Evangeline P.O.V ~

All we heard was the gunshot.

Cory and Jerri was out of sight , cos' they had walked on.

Chris and I , looked at each other for a quick second, then sprinted towards the sound.

My heart shattered at the sight of Cory holding Jerri in his arms and crying as the blood from her leaked onto him.

In shock, i phoned the ambulance. I was panicking. My hand was shaking violently as i put the phone to my ear and told them all the details.

Looking at Jerri who was covered in blood made me cry. Then looking into Chris' eyes made me bawl . I could literally sense that he felt his brother's pain. Chris had taken off his hoodie and compressed it against Jerri's wound to slow down the process of the leaking blood.

Cory was whispering "its all my fault" repetitively and I didn't understand why , so i asked him and he explained the story to me. I told him that it was not his fault, but he was convinced that it was and it was beating him down, he was literally stressing out.

" Stay calm Cory, for Jerri's sake." I advised him.

The ambulance came shortly after and Cory had gone with her. Chris and I literally phoned everybody and told them what had just happened.Everything was happening so quick.

Tyler dropped us to the hospital and every single one of us was waiting in the waiting room.

" Are we allowed to go and see her?" Chanel asked one of the doctors.

" You'll be informed shortly." She said in this snobbish voice.

" Why? Why? Why?" Cory was pouncing around the room , confiding in Amarni who was trying to calm him down at the same time.

" WHO ARE THESE YUTES?" Chris shouted but was asking Cory 

" Some yute called Kaz who was Jerri's ex. The bullet was meant for me." Cory expressed with anger in his voice

" WHAT? AMARNI DO YOU KNOW THIS BRUDDAH?" Chris asked. Its scary when Chris gets angry, because he's normally so calm and laid-back. Whereas , Cory is a natural hot-head. He literally goes to a 100, especially when his brother is angry too. They're so different, yet the same.

" Yeah, he's in Jermz' d*ckhead gang." Amarni replied.

" I'm gonna f*ck him up." I heard Cory say in the background. The atmosphere was getting tense.

" YOU AINT DOING IT ALONE BRUV, ANYBODY WHO TOUCHES YOU HAS ME TO DEAL WITH." Chris exclaimed. All of the staff was looking at us.