Epilogue

Marissa

6 months laters

The smell of coffee swarmed the air as well as the other customers' voices.
I nervously waited with my cappuccino whilst I bounced my leg under the table. Jordan was late again. We were supposed to be meeting up to go on our date.

Glancing around the room restlessly, my eyes connected with someone familiar. I narrowed my eyes and slowly stood up to get a closer look. It couldn't-

"Little mouse, don't leave. I just got here," a voice stated hurriedly after the owner slumped into the seat that sat opposite me.

I blinked and then furrowed my eyebrows. They were gone. Almost like I had imagined them.

My eyes darted to Jordan and I turned to him with a grumpy expression across my face. I wasn't really angry but it was funny to tease him. "I waited for fifteen minutes, Jordan! What were you doing?"

"What? Was I late?" He asked with a puzzled expression across his face.

My mouth fell agape dramatically and I slapped him on the arm. "Of course. You were supposed to show up at quarter to 3, not at 3 o'Clock!"

"Why? That's when the arcade opens..." He trailed off, tilting his head to the side as he swiped his hand through the dark locks of hair that flopped on his head.

I stared at him for a moment, watching him fix his hair so it sat behind his head so it didn't fall into his eyes. We had come a long way, for sure. Sometimes I would stop mid-laugh and watch him laugh to himself. The way he'd clutch onto his stomach, throw his head back and let out a loud, sharp laugh. His cheeks would flame with his squeezed eyes.

I shook my head, jolting myself out of my trance and felt light amusement bubble up inside me. "I really wanted to do something before the arcade but I guess we could do it after."

"What did you want to do?" He wondered, picking up my mug of cappuccino and taking a sip from it.

"Today's the anniversary of my sister's death," I informed quietly, swallowing the lump that began to form in my throat. "I wanted to visit her grave for a bit."

His teasing smile fell, turning into a small frown. "Aw, baby, you could have just said so, then I would have been here an hour before," He whispered, stroking my arm tenderly.

"I know you would, Spidey." I smiled at him. "But it's ok because we can go later."

"Little mouse, you know that it'll probably be dark out once I'm finished in the arcade. Let's just go now and visit your sister today whilst still we can," he suggested, tugging on my arm.

"I love you," I whispered, standing up from my seat.

"I love you too, little mouse. So much," he murmured back, wrapping me up in a warm hug.

"Hey, Lorna. It's been a year since your torment. A year since you jumped off that cliff to end your life," I spoke softly as I knelt in front of her grave stone. "I just wanted you to know that everything is going well and Gracie is now behind bars."

I huffed out a breath of relief and quirked my lips up.

"Do you remember Wesley? The boy whose feelings were hurt by you? I know you didn't intentionally hurt him because you would never do that, but he's Gracie's cousin and seemed to be controlled by her," I added. "I guess you're death helped him in a way..."

"I'm not saying that what you did was necessarily the right thing to do; it still hurts 'til this day. But knowing that you're not in pain anymore, is why I forgive you."

I began to stand up and slowly make my way over to Jordan who comfortingly put his arm around my waist.

"Lorna, thank you for the being the greatest sister I could have ever asked for," I said aloud. "And I hope that I've repaid you in many ways."

"I love you and Good bye..."