Chapter twenty four: Sleeping angel

Marissa

I cleared my throat with a simple cough, but if the words that came out of my mouth could only be that simple.

I had so many ways to word my speech to Jordan. I wanted forgiveness for not believing him and thinking that he could betray me, when in reality, I was the one capable of betraying him. I didn't deserve his forgiveness really.

Grabbing a hold of my head in my hands, I sunk myself in between my legs, trying to protect my skin from the cold breeze.

"Need some company?" A familiar voice spoke up, causing me to look up from my position.

If only it could have been Jordan.

"Sure," I smiled kindly at the young girl who I had acquainted within a few hours of talking to her.

"What's going on inside Marissa's world today?" Georgia asked sweetly, poking my head gently.

"She's struggling to apologise to a boy she deeply hurt," I replied, poking her back but on the arm that time.

"Kiss him." she shrugged, making my jaw drop at her casual statement.

"I-I can't just-" I choked out, shaking my head. "No!"

"Just a little peck and then tell them how much they mean to you..." She said it like it was as simple as that.

"Are we talking about the same thing here?" I stared at her with wide eyes.

"Pretty much, yes. If you didn't care for her at all, you would have apologised by now with a quick and easy sorry," she said. "It's like when you bump into a stranger in the streets and say a quick "sorry" before getting on with your day."

I thoughtfully processed her words before sending her a massive grin. "Thanks for that."

"What can I say? I'm brilliant at pep talks." she innocently shrugged before standing up in a hurry. "Anyway, I've got to go. See you around?"

I nodded, still grinning like a child high on sugar. I watched as her figure slowly faded into the distance and then confidently stood up myself.

I was going to apologise the right way, even if he didn't forgive me.

Ringing his doorbell to his house, I awkwardly waited to be let in.

When the door opened, a woman, who I recognised as Jordan's mum, smiled friendly at me and sidestepped away so that I could get through. I politely thanked her and waited by the side of the stairs.

"He's just upstairs in his room," she pointed out before leaving to what seemed to be the kitchen.

I carefully stepped up each step, trying not to fall flat on my face in Jordan's house. Though I would do anything to hear Jordan's laugh again. It hadn't been that long since I had seen him but all I could picture was the hurt in his eyes.

Once, before taking to Issac, I saw him aimlessly walking around the corridors after school and I never took a glance in his direction.

Another time, he tried to interact with me. The staggered steps he took towards me faltered as I mindlessly turned away from him, refusing to talk to him. It was horrible, but I thought he had betrayed me, lied to me. It hurt to look at him straight in the eyes.
But now, I knew. It was sad to know that I only trusted him when finding out he had nothing to do with it. I should have really had more faith in him and believed his word over one stupid mobile phone.

Alas, the phone was still in his locker. The phone used to threaten Alex and Isaac's ex girlfriend- two innocent people involved with something they knew absolutely nothing about.