Chapter seven: Marvel Fan

Marissa

"I'm such an awful sister. I didn't even see that you were hurting, Lorna."

It was Monday and Miles and I were casually having lunch whilst we subtly glowered in Gracie's direction. She was chatting brightly with Jordan and his mates and each smile she showed to them I rolled my eyes at.
Miles, sadly, was still not over Gracie but he did tell me he felt a little bit better. Poor Miles. Gracie didn't deserve him pining after her. Miles was way too good for her.

"It was awful, Marissa. All I could hear was her laughing with them in the garden so I had to turn the volume up on my TV like all the way," he grumbled.

I hoped to match Miles with some sweet, nerdy girl because I knew then that he would be better off with her. He deserved a girl who could work hard and brighten up people's days.

I looked over at Gracie's direction and caught Jordan's eyes. He quirked his mouth up and slowly waved at me.

His other friends beside him watched our small interaction with furrowed eye brows. They were probably wondering why Jordan decided to wave at a loser. I sent him a glare and stood up abruptly.

"Let's go, Miles," I announced, grabbing my things and sending one last pointed look to Jordan and Gracie.

Ever since my last lesson with Mrs Stevens, she had been scowling at my every move. It was mostly to do with the fact that I slept during her lesson, but her lessons were boring and I already knew the keywords she was shoving in people's faces.

Oh and did I forget to mention that Elijah Wood was in my class?

Luckily for me, Jordan hadn't told Elijah about me knowing that they cheated their English exam. He must have wanted to look sly in front of his mate.

I felt something firm hit the back of my neck and instantly threw my hand out to rub my neck. Seeing a paper ball beside my chair, I reached down and picked it up. I turned around to find Elijah grinning at me with his teeth on show.

Slowly, I opened it to see a few words.

Why is my friend so interested in you?

I scoffed at the question and shook my head. At least he didn't know I knew about him cheating. I quickly 'wrote' back a few words, scrunched it up and lobbed the paper back, hitting Elijah on the chest.

A teasing smile formed onto my face as I watched him read my lovely 'words'  that so just happened to me not words at all. Big bold drawings of middle fingers were my specialty.

"Mature," he hissed, throwing the paper towards the bin.

However, he wasn't so lucky that time though. His awful throw caused Mrs Stevens to gain another student at her weekly detentions. And that student, surprisingly, wasn't me.

As I was walking towards my locker, I felt my body get manhandled against a wall. Hissing in pain, I glared up to find a menacing, grey eyed stare scowling down at me.

"You got my friend in detention, little mouse," he stated with annoyance, holding me tightly against the metal locker that painfully dug into my back.

"It's Marissa," I grumbled, attempting to escape from his grip.

"Whatever," he dismissively responded, narrowing his grey eyes. "We had plans to go to the cinema tomorrow. Now I don't have anyone to go with and they don't give refunds."

I pouted my lips at him, feigning sympathy. “Boohoo.”

I attempted to walk out of his grip and head over to my locker, but he clutched on tighter.

“Either give me my money back or…” Jordan thought for a second before a teasing smile began playing on his lips, “take his place.”

I scrunched up my entire face. “Um no way. Here’s a solution: why doesn't he skip detention?"

"Look you wouldn't understand, alright?" He shook his head, his dark hair flicking into his eyes. "It's something personal to him."

Well okay then.

"What about your other mates?" I asked him, remembering his other friends beside him at lunch.

"They hate Marvel. They're more DC fans which I cannot understand why. Marvel's great," he explained, a baffled look passing over his face.

"Hey, I love Marvel too!" I beamed, my inner fan girl coming out. "Miles is a DC fan too and I have no clue why."

"No way, who's your favourite?" He asked me casually, sticking his hands into his blazer pockets like he did when we first properly met.

"Thor. He's flipping hot. Oh and his hammer's pretty cool too," I giggled, flipping my hair over my shoulder.

"Yeah he's alright, I prefer Spiderman really," he responded, pulling up his trousers to reveal Spiderman socks.

I grinned at them. He definitely was that kid who dressed up as Spiderman every Halloween.

"Wait." He pulled his trousers back down quickly, stepped closer towards me and gripped onto my shoulders. "Don't tell anyone about that. I mean it, Marissa."

"And you also don't want me to tell anyone about the cheating as well I'm guessing," I reminded him smugly.

"Yes and that." He bit his lip, shoving me back against the wall. "None of my friends except Elijah know about us cheating and no-one knows about these socks except for my mum."

"Aww, are you a mummy's boy, Jordan?" I cooed at him, reaching over to pull his blushing cheeks.

He slapped my hand away gently and growled like an annoyed bear, "Marissa, I have a reputation. You can't tell anyone. Don't you dare  breathe a word about it to anyone, you hear me? Not even this conversation."

I pretended to zip my mouth shut and then acted like I threw away the key. I never said I wasn't childish.

"Your secrets are safe with me, Peters." I smirked, patting his cheek.

"They better be, little mouse," he threatened, leaning closer to my face.

Did he know what a personal bubble was?

A whiff of his aftershave greeted my nose and my body started to squirm at the smell. He looked great and even smelt great. My hormones were all over the place. I openly stared at his face, hoping he would step away soon.

"So about that ticket, Marissa?" Jordan voiced, stepping away from my small frame. "You're coming along."

"I didn't even say-" I began to protest but got cut off instantly.

"I'll meet you after school tomorrow," he declared, walking further away from me as I tried to object.

I slapped my hands against my legs and let out a quiet cry of outrage. I didn't even get to mention that I had an after-school club tomorrow. Well, I presume I was missing that then.