Chapter thirteen: The Revealment

Marissa

"So you see my predicament, right?" I heaved out a breath, sprawling my body all over my bed. "Either Jordan is to blame...or he could actually help me. I mean it might not be so bad to have someone like him on my side, but he's just so damn annoying!"

Glancing over to my side, my eyes ended up bulging out of my head once I had realised I had been speaking to no-one.

Frederick had decided to take a nap on my bed, disregarding the fact that the only reason I had allowed him onto my bed in the first place was if he could help me. I guess you don't make deals with the devil.

"You're no help!" I growled out, poking the napping cat beside me.

However, for some odd reason, cats didn't like to be woken up in a way as harsh as poking them because Frederick had ended up hissing at me before dashing out of my bedroom. What a wonderful cat.

My phone suddenly began buzzing vigorously on my bedside table, causing me to release a sigh and grab my phone to answer. The number was unknown, but I answered it anyway just to be sure it wasn't my parents who had perhaps got a new SIM card over the last few hours.

"Hello?" I murmured into the phone, waiting patiently for someone to reply.

Heavy breathing soon began resonating through my speakers, making me freeze and start to panic.

Some weirdo had my phone number and I was the idiot who had stupidly answered the call.

Quickly hanging up, I frantically started patting the bed sheets anxiously, whilst scanning my room for any signs of life. What if someone was in my room too?

Bravely, I stood up and began walking closer and closer towards the closed wardrobe that had always given me the creeps.

Even since I was about twelve, I was absolutely convinced that someone or something was living in my wardrobe. And today was the day where I would check thoroughly.

However that confidence soon ran short after my phone buzzed violently again, signalling another call.

Immediately, I dashed onto my bed and hid quietly under my duvet with a few whimpers or so escaping my lips. How did they even get my number in the first place? I mean it wasn't exactly like I had many friends.
The buzzing on my phone soon stopped.

They had left me alone.

A huge crash instantly came from the outside of my window, provoking an ear-piercing scream from me. I whacked my duvet off of me hastily and sprung up from my bed.

Taking a deep breath, I rushed to the window and prepared to take on what was in front of me. I opened my window rapidly, smacking into something hard.

With a loud screech followed afterwards, I froze abruptly and stared wide eyed at a soon-to-be-bruised guy- Jordan Peters.

I wiped the small remnants of blood from his nose and cringed a little at the sharp wince he made after. "Sorry," I replied sheepishly.

"It's not your fault." he grinned cheekily, lying his head comfortably against the soothingly cold tiles.

"Well, um, it kind of is. You didn't hit yourself with my own window." I scrunched my brows together and smiled sheepishly at him.
Suddenly a thought came to mind: "What the hell were you doing on the other side of my window for anyway!?"

"Long story short, you can't take a joke and hung up on me so I decided to come visit you anyway." he said shrugging nonchalantly, whilst pointing to his bloody nose. "And then you did this."

"I really am sorry," I admitted honestly, hiding the small smile that was slowly forming on my face. "But hang on, that was you earlier? With the heavy breathing and constant dialing?"

He nodded with an amusing grin playing on his lips. I smacked him hard on the shoulder and smiled sweetly at the small groan that fell out of his mouth.

He glared playfully and instantaneously his mood switched to a rather unsettled demeanour.

He was biting his lip anxiously and twiddling his thumbs. Before I could ask him what was wrong, he began speaking, "So, what we were talking about before the bell went off. I want you to know that I promised Lorna that I wouldn't tell Miles or Gracie or anyone else who would go and blab to you."

"Why wouldn't she want me to know?" I asked him, glancing up at his injured and vulnerable-looking face.

"You see, we met in an awful situation that she didn't want you to know about," he replied, worrying me even more.

I stayed silent and waited for him to carry on.

"Do you remember when I told you about how I became Mr Bad Guy with a bad reputation?" He wondered, staring at me with a soft and gentle look in his eyes.

"Yeah, you told me that you beated a guy up for bullying a girl..." I trailed off, recalling the heart-warming conversation we had shared together at the Cinema.

"Marissa, Lorna was that girl," he revealed gloomily, as he carefully watched my face for a reaction.

My lips parted in shock and I averted my eyes to the floor. So she was getting bullied after all, but by who?

"Who was the bully?" I questioned, tugging on my jumper's sleeves.

"Nobody important," he dismissively drawled, shaking his head and refusing to give me an answer.

Pulling him by the neck, I brought his face closer to mine and demanded, "Who was the bully, Jordan?"

"Isaac Bennett," he finally answered, staring into my eyes tenderly.

Letting go of him, I stood up and began pacing back and forth in the bathroom as I tapped my chin in thought. "I don't get it."

"What do you want to get exactly? It was Isaac." he furrowed his eyebrows, a perplexed expression crossing his face.

"It doesn't make sense that Lorna was being bullied by Isaac. From look of it, she would always pester him," I pondered thoughtfully.

"It could have been possible that Isaac was under some kind of blackmail," he guessed, standing up from the floor. "During my, uh, rage, Isaac said something about it not being up to him and having no choice."

"We need to speak to Isaac then," I instantly replied.

The thought of being so close to my sister's cowardice tormentor had me shivering. However, I wasn't going to shy away. I needed to get justice for her and that was precisely what I was going to do.

Come at me, you coward. You were going to regret ever messing with the Parks twins.