Chapter thirty one: Her saviour

Marissa

It hadn't really occurred to me just how strange my life had been since Gracie distanced herself from Miles and I.

Finding out my twin had been tormented and identifying that it was Gracie all along was not what I would have guessed.

Now here I was, laying on the cold hard floor of a basement with my hands tied behind my back and regret burning up inside me.

Narrowing my blurry eyes, I tried tugging desperately at my combined hands. I pulled on it as much as I could but there was no use- I was stuck to the damn radiator behind me.

"Hello?!" I yelled out after clearing my voice. "Gracie, This isn't funny anymore! Get me out!"

Huffing out a frustrated breath, I leant back into the hard radiator that dug more into my sore back. I breathed heavily in and out, reminding me of how much I needed to go to the gym and sort out my lazy life.
A sharp bang shortly erupted, interrupting my swirling thoughts and helpless attempts to get out.

"Good afternoon...or evening shall I say," an irritating voice sneered, causing me to look up.

"Gracie..." I trailed off, scowling at the curly blonde haired girl in front of me. "Why am I here?"

"You know why, Marissa," she pitied annoyingly, sticking out her bottom lip mockingly.

"I seriously don't. I've done nothing but be civil towards you after I found out what you did," I exclaimed before hauling at my joined hands.

"Don't bother trying to escape. You'll only make it worse for yourself," she said in a bored tone, glancing at her filed- down nails.

With that last comment, she strutted out of the basement with a huge slam behind her. The click of the lock had me sighing and blowing at a piece of blonde hair that was covering my face.

Why didn't I just stay with Jordan throughout the day?

That thought swimming in my mind made me realise one significant thing- I really missed that guy.

I missed his beautiful smile and the hidden freckles dotted around his nose. I especially missed the warm, fuzzy feeling I would get whenever he was around.

Jordan, my spider man fan, where are you?

The rattle of the metal door was what woke me up from my restless nap. Squinting at the figure, I pursed my lips once I recognised who it was.

"Glad you're still alive," Gracie spoke, crossing her arms and sending me a smirk. "Not exactly a fan of murder being on my record..."

I glared up her. "What is it that you want? I'm here, tied to a radiator in what is likely your basement. Why?"

She lifted her head back and let out a laugh before waving her arms around. "If you had just stayed oblivious, we would still be friends and I wouldn't have to keep you locked down here."

"Why am I locked down here?" I repeated tiredly.

"Because you know my cousin!" She shrieked, slapping her thighs in irritation. "I can't have you telling him what I did. How it went too far. Wesley's sensitive. He will overreact if he finds out."

"Overreact how?" I queried.

She scratched her wrists and looked away from me. "He'll give me the cold shoulder and never speak to me again. I can't have that."

"So what, I'm staying down here forever? You can't keep me here!" I exclaimed.

"Just as long as Wesley's far away from here, you might see the light of day again." She then threw a bottle of water at me before heading to leave.