Chapter twenty seven: Trust

Marissa

He blinked once. He blinked twice. He blinked thrice before melting into my touch.

I was consumed in him after he returned the kiss. Before, it felt like he and I were swarmed with all of these feelings that we had never brought to our attention and now we were able to consider those feelings. With one simple kiss, Jordan and I were finally able to see the world clearly again.

I pressed my lips harder against his, curling my hands around his neck. His lips were plump, but soft. They were like a smooth, cushioned pillow for my chapped lips.
Jordan trailed his arms delicately down my back, stopping at my waist and wrapping his hands around my small frame. I smiled into the kiss, gave him a quick peck and pulled my face away from his.

With a satisfied sigh, I released myself from Jordan's gentle hold.

"Woah..." Jordan whispered, stroking the apples of my cheeks.

I nodded, too breathless to speak. A small smile on formed on my lips.

My phone rang abruptly, breaking and ruining our moment completely.

Coughing, I fully pulled myself away from Jordan, stood up from the bench and answered my phone.

"Hello?" I asked, rather annoyed at the rude interruption.

"Sorry, did I interrupt?" A voice chuckled over the line- a female voice.

"Gracie?" I blurted out in question, glancing over towards Jordan who leant back against the bench with his head tilted towards the sky.

The sky was turning a beautiful orange as the sun began to set in the distance. The water shone beautifully as the ripples of the waves glistened. The waves were surprisingly calm for the location, since cliffs were the most common places to get high energy waves.

"That's me..." She trailed off, sounding unsure herself.

"Why're you calling me?" I questioned with confusion as well as a little hostility to my tone.

"Because...I want to fix this, Marissa," she replied sadly, the audio cracking. "Tomorrow in the Café at 12pm? Please, let me try."

I paused for a bit trying to list the pros and cons. For some reason, no cons were appearing in my brain. I could only think of the pros. With that, I answered her, hoping that I wouldn't regret it.

"Alright. I'll let you."

Once it reached 12pm the next day, I stepped into the busy café, still wondering why I had chosen to talk to her. After ignoring Miles and I for weeks and especially telling me to stay away from her, she now wanted to talk. It was bizarre, but I was willing to try.

Scanning multiple people in booths and around tables, I finally recognised the one familiar person in the Café that I had decided to meet up with. Her blonde curls caught my eye and I began to make my way towards her.

I breathed in the delicious aroma of coffee before pulling out the comfy chair and settling myself down onto it.

"You have five minutes," I told her, my voice monotone.

Gracie gave me a small, nervous smile before stirring her tea. "Guess I should make it quick, then."

I narrowed my eyes at her and she held her hands up.

"Fine, I'll start." She flicked her hair over her shoulder and continued. "I'm extremely sorry for abandoning you and Miles like that."

I nodded, not saying anything back.