Chapter XXXII: One Happy Reunion

Blossom

We got to the hospital a few hours later due to traffic and went immediately to Marcus' room, I knocked on his door to see him but the nurse opened it and I also saw a doctor inside. They must've been discussing something important.

"Hello my name is Dr. Thomas Romero and you must be Mr. Reyes' family?" The doctor wondered.

"Yes we are, can you please continue on what you were saying earlier?" I replied.

"As I was saying earlier, we must have Marcus here to go through surgery so we can apply further treatment on his injuries." The doctor said.

"What's happening to him doc?" I asked.

"Without surgery, if Mr. Reyes will still rely on medication, his state right now will get worse and he may die without further action."

"If I had gone through surgery, who would've paid for it?" Marcus asked.

"William would pay it." I replied.

"W-Who's William?" My dad asked.

"He's a friend of mine and Marcus as well, he saved him before from dying during a battle in the seas, that's how he told me about it."

"That's true dad."

"And what if he doesn't pay?" He got worried, well I think that it sounded like he's worried.

"It's William dad, he'll keep his own words and make it true." Marcus replied.

"Alright, I'll trust him if I saw him and assured to me that he'll pay." He requested.

"Hold on I'll text him."

10:30am - Will you're at home right?

Took him a few minutes to reply.

10:45am -  Just about to leave for work, why?

10:45am - I'm here with my dad and Marcus, my dad wants to make sure if you will really pay for Marcus' hospital bill."

"Tell him to come to the hospital so I could meet him." My dad said.

10:45am - He wants to see you too after your shift.

10:46am - Alright, I'll try to visit later if we don't have much customers later.

10:46am - I lo- I MEAN I'LL SEE YOU LATER!

"Ye-Yeah he'll be coming sooner or later this afternoon." I assured.

"Why do you sound like you wanted to meet him more than our dad does?" Marcus asked.

 "NOO I DON'T!!" I replied.

"Hmm, alright just make sure he comes here." My dad reminded.

A few hours later, William finally arrived at the hospital "And you are?" My dad asked too quickly.

"H-Hi sir m-my name's William, y-your son and daughter's friend." He replied.

"Dad you asked him too quickly and now he's nervous."

"HA! NERVOUS? Well you're reverting back to your old ways William, being soft and passive all over again." Marcus said.

He stayed silent. "Come and take a seat son."

OH MY FUCKING GOD HE CALLED HIM SON!!!

"So I heard from Blossom here that you're the one paying for Marcus' surgery?"

"Y-Yes sir I will, as to repay the good things I've received from him in our past years as privateers sailing halfway across the world." William said.

"I should thank you William, rest assured I'll be having my surgery tomorrow and I can finally get out of the outside world like I used to." Marcus replied.