Chapter XXI: Entering Hell's Playground

William's Backstory

We were jerked out of sleep at 2:00am in the morning and I saw everyone fall in line as the instructor barked his orders.

"WAKE UP MAGGOTS, IT'S TIME FOR TRAINING!!!" He exclaimed.

That fucking made my ears rang.

"LISTEN UP! TODAY UNTIL THE NEXT DAYS TO COME, YOU'RE ENTERING HELL'S PLAYGROUND!"

"NOW GET YOUR ASSES IN THE WATER!!!"

"SIR YES SIR!!!"

We all rushed to the shore along with our swim buddies then laid down in the waters, a few minutes after we submerged our bodies in to the waters some of the candidate rose up giving the sign that they have raised their white flags. My swim buddy finally gave up after thirty minutes or so in the water and I was left with Marcus and the others with me.

"Hey." He said.

"W-Where's Rhett?" I asked.

"I don't know, probably meters away from us. I couldn't even think."

"Then don't think at all, just find your way on how you're going to get out of this."

"Same as you."

An hour has passed I think, I don't even know. I don't have my watch on me and I saw fifty men walk out of the camp permanently, the instructors blew their whistles signaling us to rise out of the water and do what's called PT.

"DROP DOWN AND DO A HUNDRED PUSHUPS!"

"SIR YES SIR!"

We all dropped to our chests then did a hundred pushups, after that we did a hundred flutter kicks and whole other lots of physical training. Then it's back to the shores along with our swim buddies, I saw Marcus couldn't take it anymore but he still laid down that shore being splashed by cold waves of the sea. Looking at him makes me determined as well to continue on this training.

"William?" Someone said and it sounded familiar.

"Rhett? Is that you?" I asked.

"Yeah, goddammit it's cold."

"Hold on man, we'll get through this."

"I sure hope you're right."

I saw another few leave off the shore calling it quits, the instructor blew his whistle signaling us again to rise up the shore. They made us line up horizontally to do low crawls on sand two-hundred meters from where we're laying, my hands and arms are getting tired and we're not allowed to raise our bodies at least an inch off the ground. Others were called to do it all over again while I tried to keep crawling until I reached that point. We were all done and I could use a bath at this moment, oh wait we do have a bath, a bath in the cold waves of the shores. We're asked to sing songs yet I don't know all of the things they're requesting, luckily some of the few candidates knew some songs and we sing it out loud. It's finally dawn after several hours of singing in the largest bath in the world, we got our plates then fall in line for food.

"Finally, we get to have breakfast." I said.

"Piping hot too, just the way I like it." Rhett replied.

"Want to find a spot and sit with each other?" Marcus asked.

"Sure."

We tried to find a spot and luckily, there's one by the window. "Ah one of my favorite spots."

"EAT WHILE YOU CAN MAGGOTS, HELL'S COMING TO CHASE YOU IF YOU EAT TOO SLOW!!"

The three of us hurriedly ate our meals then lined up outside of the mess hall, I saw batches of logs formed like a triangle and when we're all lined up the instructor barked his orders.