Chapter XXII: Meeting The Crew

William's Backstory

It's 5:30am in the morning when someone was knocking on my door so I answered and it was Marcus trying to wake me up.

"Hey William, I've been here for the past thirty minutes. Wake up we have training today." He said.

"Training? What kind?" I asked.

"The physical kind stupid, get your ass up and get dressed." He replied.

I dressed up in my uniform. "Ready?"

"Yeah.

"Let's go then."

"Yes sir."

Marcus and I went in line for rollcall, we had our morning training and I've met some candidates who will or may be my new friends. 

"Reyes?"

"Here!" Said Marcus.

"Medina?"

"Here!" Said Rhett.

"De Leon?"

"Here!"

"Salazar?"

"Here!"

"De Castro?"

"Here!"

"Garcia?"

"Here!"

"Guevarra?"

"Here!"

"Finally, Villanueva?"

"Here!" I said.

"Everyone is here, so go the shore ladies and line up."

"YES SIR!"

We lined up on the seashore horizontally and waited for the instructor's further orders.

"Before we begin, who doesn't know how to swim?" He asked.

A few of us including me raised our hands. "Go to the pool and in two weeks time, you all should know how to swim. WHILE THE REST OF YOU MAGGOTS CARRY THOSE RUBBER BOATS OVER YOUR HEADS!!!"

"SIR YES SIR!!!"

The rest of the candidates carried those rubber boats over their heads then ran around the shore while I and the others submerged ourselves into the pool.

"Hey, you're the youngest candidate am I right?" Someone asked.

"Y-Yes, what's your name."

"I'm Henry, Henry De Leon. You must be William?" He said.

We shook hands. "Yes I am, pleasure to meet you." I replied.

"I'm Billy, Billy Guevarra."

"Hey nice to meet you."

"You can't swim can't you?" Henry asked.

"No I can't." I replied.

"Neither can we, for we don't have the time and money to learn how to swim." Billy said.

"Let's listen now shall we?"

"Yes sir."

We listened to the instructor and luckily he was nice enough to teach us louts how to swim, after ten days of learning we finally know how to swim but I'm still having difficulty yet it isn't hindering me that much. I met up with Rhett and Marcus along with other candidates I don't know who they are.