Chapter XXIV: Sailing Halfway Across The World

William

They hoisted the sails then weighed the anchors and we're underway our navigation halfway across the world. 

"On the helm, Mr. Villanueva." Marcus said.

"Yes sir." I took my position on the helm.

"You're handling the ship and our lives mate, so watch out for rocks and do your best being our helmsman." Billy said.

"I won't let you down." I replied.

"Do we have a heading?" Alfred asked.

"We get to pick where we're headed am I right? Let's sail for the west indies." Marcus replied.

"What about food and supplies?" Rhett then asked.

"Hey, we have what it looks like a two to three months' supply of food just below two decks."

"Let me see." Marcus and the others went down below two decks to check the food supply while I stayed on the helm making sure the ship's steady and won't be able to ran aground.

"We have meat, vegetables, fruits, fish, freshwater for cleaning and drinking, rum, sugar. We do have ourselves here a supply that'll last for two to three months." Marcus said.

"Aye if we allocate our goods properly and try to keep them fresh for those months to come." Billy replied.

"How many barrels of water and rum do we have?" Marcus asked.

"Uh, about ten to fifteen each." Chase replied.

"We'll call Will later he'd know what to do with those barrels, as for the supplies where's the cook?"

"Aye captain?" The cook said.

"Would you be able to preserve all these foods for the next two to three months?"

"Aye sir, with or without the ice I can preserve these foods no problem."

"Alright, make sure that all this supplies shouldn't spoil immediately."

"Aye sir."

"Now can you prepare us breakfast? We'll be waiting." They head back upstairs.

"Henry, how the hell did you get here?" Billy asked.

"I jumped over here, also did you see your share of supplies below deck?" Henry said.

"Aye we can last two months if they're preserved and allocated to the crew properly." Marcus replied.

"I really hope the wind's with us until we get to the Caribbean."

"And I hope we don't run aground with our helmsmen at fault."

"I HEARD THAT!" I exclaimed.

"Captain I think we're taking too much wind." Chase said.

Marcus looks at the sails. "Will is the helm heavy?" He asked.

"Quite heavy yes." I replied.

"Chase douse the foresails to have William more control over the ship." Marcus ordered.

"Aye captain, HELP ME WITH THE FORESAILS!"

"Aye sir."

They climbed the foremast to douse the foresails. "How are you Will?" Marcus asked.

"I'm alright captain." I replied.

"You sure? I think I felt the floor scraped us already." Billy said

"No it didn't"

"Enough Billy." Marcus said

"Sorry sir." Billy replied.