Chapter XXIII: Hoist The Sails

Present Time

"So, you really were nervous talking to girls often." She said.

"What can you expect? I've been bullied by girls more often than you may think." I replied.

"So, this "Ms. Rebecca" helped you confront your anxiety of talking to girls?" She asked.

"I still get nervous talking to girls, I just try to be confident but I really want to walk away."

"But how were you able to talk to us?"

"It just kind of happened very fast you know? When we first met, I haven't even talked to you until I gave you my name and you gave me yours. I even stuttered the first time I talked to you and to your friends."

"I was imagining you were handsome like now." She said.

"Did I look this good when I was sixteen?" I replied.

"You're talking to me normally now, how come you couldn't do it before?" She asked.

"That's because I got used to you and your habits, it's been five months since we've been living together right? But there were some times that you left me but it's alright, I also got used to your friends because not every girl cared about me before."

"Can you go back to the story please?"

"Alright, two months and twenty-six days have passed."

Backstory Time

It's been two months and twenty-six days since I and five hundred fifty other candidates have been training to the fullest to become the best privateers in our country, toiling our bodies and minds into shape and finally we've done it. It's now June 26, 2022 and it's 7:35pm in the evening, we're in the bath house talking about what will our lives be in the seas.

"It's been two months already and the last day of camp." Marcus said.

"Yeah, what will our lives be once we're in the seas?" Rhett wondered.

"Don't overthink about it, you're just eighteen years old, don't overthink about everything." Henry tried to eased Rhett's overthinking.

"Just be calm and hope your lives will be okay, right Will?" Alfred asked.

"Y-Yeah, it will be alright."

"And look at your progress man, it's so much better than all of us." Julien said.

"Yeah, you wield your sword and wrist blades so perfectly now." John replied.

"G-Gee, thank you."

"And from five feet and eight inches, you grew six feet and five inches, you had a fast growth spurt man." Billy said.

"Well, let's all get out of here I'm getting dizzy."

"Me too."

We went back to our rest houses to dress up, a few minutes later, we met up in the mess hall to get some food on the counter and sit on our favorite spot as always. Ten minutes later, there's an announcement from the instructor.

"Good evening everyone, since you all completed the trainings for the last two months, we'll be having a celebration and we brought drinks for all of you."

"YEAH!!!" Everyone shouted.

"Oh, I can't drink." I said.

"Here Will, have a root beer so you can join the celebration." He replied.