Chapter XIX: A Talk Between Hosts

William

: In my self-consciousness

Wondering around in the deep oceans of my reveries, I desperately swim for somewhere to rest but I just felt I'm swimming with no destination to head to. Until I heard a sound beneath from where I'm staying, it rose up under the sea and I was caught in its way. I choked on water I inhaled then looked around my surroundings, it was the ship that I once sailed but with no crew to operate it. A distant entity has emerged into the helm.

"William, we meet at last."

"A-Arius?" I wondered.

With him going down the stairs, he shape-shifted as a form of myself.

"Welcome aboard William." He said.

In my eyes he looked jaded. "T-Thank you, for welcoming me." I trembled in fear.

"To be honest, I'm disappointed in our little fight with Ben earlier. Showing growth is fine but making us lose is what makes you weak."

"Losing from time to time isn't weakness, it's one way to learn from your mistakes." I said.

"You and your philosophies, come let us talk more in the cabin." He replied.

He opened the door going through the captain's cabin and I just followed, he sets up the table with food and hot tea.

"Let's settle it here, as proper gentlemen in our old days."

With a sigh on my face, I formally sit down waiting for him to talk so I drank some of the tea.

"Ugh where did this tea come from?" I complained.

"From the sea." He replied.

I spat the tea out. "You got to be kidding! Making me drink salty tea?!"

"Anyway... It's not that I have no faith in yourself... the reason that I brought your consciousness here is that you were never prepared in the first place."

"What does it have to do with anything under those circumstances?" I asked.

"The contract William, I know you did your best to save her but look at her and what you did. You made the woman wait for two weeks and five days JUST BECAUSE YOU NEVER TOOK HER DISAPPEARANCE AS A THREAT!!!" He exclaimed.

"I-I'm sorry, I know I'm the one to blame for all suffering she's been through these past two weeks."

"Considering  the training we've had, you haven't learned anything at all! Apart from being strong but only being strong can also lead to your downfall."

"If only I-"

He suddenly grabbed my collar. "STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR GOD SAKES, ALL YOU DO MAKE EXCUSES. DO YOU WANT US TO DIE OR NO?!?!"

He puts me down. "We may have won today but the next time this happens again, We'll be eradicated into existence."

"What should I do?" I asked.

"For now, I'll guide you. You've lost your composure after all those things we have trained for, losing composure is not the way I do business." He replied.

"I don't trust you guiding me."

"Well trust me then, because I'll be the soul engraved in your body for the rest of our life. You already accepted me for what I am and it's about time you let your very important people close to you."

"If I did, I'll put them in danger."

A light of the rising sun starts glistening in the cabin. "The sun's rising up." He said.