Chapter XXXIV: The Struggle Of Being A Leader

William

: Backstory Time

A year has passed ever since I was captain of the Pearl, I've witnessed all the struggles of being captain of my crew such as these men were demanding more than what they're paid, low morale means less jobs done on deck, and with ventures getting more boring by the day. I doubt that I can do more for these men than what I owe them, other than that I've been hearing news about plantation raids are rising thanks to pirates raiding them for supplies. I haven't witnessed any raids in the plantation but I still have to be vigilant for these pirates.

"Captain you must come with me." Andrew said.

"What is it?" I came with him afterwards.

And what I saw was horrendous. "There were pirates raiding us in broad daylight."

"PLEASE SIR SPARE US! WE'RE ONLY TOLD BY OUR CAPTAIN TO RAID SUPPLIES FOR OUR SHIP." The raider said.

"What you did is a sin lads, ye think I can forgive you for that?" I asked.

"WE'LL DO ANYTHING SIR!! SO WE WON'T END HANGING ON A NOOSE." They exclaimed.

God they still do that???

"I know what you can do and it's real simple lads, abandon your captain and work for them, what do you say?"

"WE'LL TAKE IT!!!"

Real negotiable William, really negotiable...

They then joined me as the employees of the plantation but I guess that doesn't really solve the conflicts against these plantation raids, I went to town to find the others but they weren't in the tavern so I went back to the ship to look for them.

Turns out that they're all here.

I tried to look for Rhett in the lower deck. "Hey Rhett?"

"Aye captain?" He asked.

"Have you gotten bored from the town's women and that's why you're all here?" I replied.

He chuckles. "No captain, we're just here doing chores on the ship since its been a while since we sailed her out to sea. But you're partly correct about being bored."

I was glaring around when I saw pouches of reales. "What's all this?"

"Chase and Alfred made some side jobs they said to earn extra money." Rhett replied.

"Did they told you what kind of jobs?" I asked.

"Hmm, nope they didn't told me."

"If they did illegal jobs under my nose I'll give them a fucking beating."

I went to look for Chase and Alfred but to no avail, I went back to the plantation only to find Chase and Alfred along the way.

"Where have you been to lads?" I asked.

"We just did some side jobs sir for the plantation to earn some extra cash, without sailing for a few months we grew weary of standing by doing nothing." Chase said.

"We'll return to the Pearl now captain." Alfred added.

"Do be careful, there are pirates lingering by so be vigilant as always."

"Will do captain."

I went to the plantation to find the employees distressed and may seem to look scared, I looked for Andrew around to see him in the vaults.