111. Garage

Plot: your son wants to help Vinnie work on the car
(Requested)
——————————————————————————

Jordan put on some gloves that were too big for his hands and went over to Vinnie, who was using a tool to elevate the car.

You were out running errands and Jordan said that he wanted to stay with his father to help work on the car at the warehouse. Which by the way, Vinnie was given ownership of it even when he left the hype house years ago.

"Okay so we're gonna use this to lift the car up a little on its side." Vinnie instructed. "So put your hand right here, and on three, we're gonna push it down. Ready?"

The little boy nodded.

"Okay, one...two...three!" Vinnie exclaimed and they both started pushing the handle down and the car started to come up little by little. It was mostly Vinnie's weight but Jordan was just happy to be doing it.

"That's it, keep going, a few more times. And....stop."

"It looks like the car is about to fall over." Jordan laughed.

"I hope not. But see? Now I'm able to work under here without being smushed."

Vinnie grabs the creeper, which is the tool that allows him to slide in and out of the confined space. Jordan hops on the stool with wheels and starts spinning around on it while Vinnie is inspecting the underside of the car.

Upon hearing the sound of the wheels, Vinnie cocked his head to the side and saw the little feet moving around.

"Hey, I thought you wanted to help."

"I do!" Jordan exclaimed.

"You see that metal tool at the bottom there? Hand that to me please. I need to remove the differential."

Jordan hopped off, grabbed it, and made his way over to Vinnie. "What?"

"Come see."

Jordan got down on his hands and knees and tried his best to look under the car. "It's so dark. Where?"

"Right here." Vinnie showed him, guiding Jordan's hands so he could feel where it was. "It's a pair of wheels that allow the car to rotate at different speeds. And every so often, they need to be replaced."

"Are you doing that today?"

"No, I'm just taking it out for now."

Jordan wiped his hand son his face but Vinnie stopped him.

"Don't do that, your hands are dirty."

**

For almost an hour, Vinnie worked and Jordan handed him whatever he needed. They also talked about different things, like how Jordan was excited to go back to school this month. If Vinnie was being honest, he liked that his son was here. It was better than him being there by himself for hours.

Just before taking it off completely, Vinnie allowed Jordan to take the wrench and use it to undo the last bolt. Personally he could have used his fingers but he wanted Jordan to have this one.

Next, Vinnie was going to be installing a pipe under the hood. When lifting it up, Jordan took in the sight of the inside. All of this metal going in different shapes and directions, he didn't know where to look first.

He started to mess around with things while Jordan went under the car to retrieve the tools that he left on the ground.

Vinnie stopped for a moment at the sound of fluid dripping onto the floor and his eyes widened within seconds.

"Jordan, get from under there." He said quickly.

The boy jumped to his feet and tried to wipe dirt off his pants. Vinnie quickly looked him over, scanning his hair and clothes.

"What?" The boy questioned, confused.

"Some of the coolant was going into the exhaust manifold. I mean I plugged it as fast as I could but I thought you were gonna be drenched in that fluid."

***
Vinnie continued to work under the hood while Jordan had gone over to the couch to play with some of his toys that Vinnie lets him keep in there.

He was only six, so his attention span really wasn't that long.

You eventually came back and wanted to see how things were going.

Vinnie caught sight of you walking in before you could even say anything.

"Hi." He said with a wide smile, taking off his dirty gloves and walking over to you to give you a hug and a kiss on top your head.

"Any luck today?" You ask as you walk with him back to the car to see what he's been doing.

"Yeah, progress has been made. I'd like to thank my partner Jordan who's helped me for the past couple hours."

You see the tools scattered on the floor and look around to find Jordan chilling on the couch, watching cartoons on Vinnie's phone.

"Really now?"

Upon hearing your voice, Jordan turns his head and his eyes widen. "Mama!" He exclaims and jumps off the couch.

"Did you learn anything?" You asked as he hugged your waist.

"Yeah, I wanna tell you at home. But-" he started and pulled a toy car out his pocket. "I think daddy should get a car like this one also."

It was some red sports car with a black flame on the side and a wing on the backs

You made eye contact with Vinnie who gave you a smirk, trying not to say anything and you turned your attention back to your son.

"Don't give him any ideas."