109. Feeling alone

Plot: you're away at a sleepover and he misses you
(Requested)
————————————————————————

"You gonna help or what?" You asked him.

Vinnie leaned up against the doorway of the bathroom and you stuff your duffel bag full of the items you would need for the night.

"Um...sure. What do you need?" He replied and pushed himself off the doorway, ready to get whatever it was.

"I was just kidding. I'm actually pretty much done."

"How long are you staying?"

"I already told you. Just for the night and I'll be back in the morning." You shrugged and zipped up your bag.

He sighed.

It was already late afternoon and you continued to get ready until it was time for you to walk out the door.

"I can drive you." Vinnie said quickly as you approached the door.

"Thanks, but I got it."

You put your bag down to give him a hug. "And I'll call you later, okay?"

"Okay." He responded and kissed the side of your head. "Have fun."

****

Did you get there safely?, he texted you after some time went by.

Yes, thanks for checking

Vinnie walked around the empty house, trying to find something to do.

He was watching some tv show but ended up getting distracted by his phone halfway through the episode.

He thought about taking a drive, but not with these gas prices and traffic.

Thinking of you at your friends house, he smiled at the thought that you were most likely having such a good time. Maybe he and his friends could do something.

He went to the warehouse where his pc was setup and asked anyone if they wanted to play a game with him.

Two hours went by.

One person said that they were busy and couldn't. The others didn't respond. Vinnie has even asked on Twitter but the replies were just fans saying how much they loved him or replying with memes. Which he loved, but it wasn't an answer to his question.

So he got on by himself. Playing solo queue in Apex Legends in the dark room with the only light being from the computer screen.

****
"How's Vinnie Y/N?" Your friend Nataly asked from the bedroom. "I feel like I haven't seen him in forever."

"Um..." you finished putting on your cocoa butter chapstick and put the cap back on. "He's good. Been traveling a lot these past few weeks."

"We'll look at him, finally getting out the house."

"I know!" You laughed. "That's exactly what I told him."

Upon coming out the bathroom, Nataly was reading a Cosmopolitan magazine, and your friend Sophia sat on the edge of the bed while doing your other friend Kira's hair. The Nintendo Switch and laptop lay on the bed with the movie White Chicks playing on the tv.

It reminded you of something out of the early 2000s.

Speaking of Vinnie, you wondered what he was up to.

You plopped on the bed and got out your phone and saw this posted on his Instagram story.

He was always able to put a smile on your face

You smiled like an idiot looking at your phone but then started to feel bad. Because you wished that you could be back at the house with him.

****
It was the early morning hours now and Vinnie couldn't sleep. He had his phone next to him in case you called, like you said you would. Maybe he should have talked you out of going, so that he could be the one to spend time with you.

It's okay to be selfish at times.

After tossing and turning for what felt like forever, he finally went to sleep, but only to be woken up a few hours later by your return.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" You asked as he sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"Not really."

You took in his appearance and sat on the edge of the bed next to him. "You look exhausted."

"You can tell?"

He chuckled but you knew there was something bothering him.

"What's wrong?" You asked.

He avoided your gaze and was hesitant before responding.

"I just felt like we haven't been spending that much time together these past couple weeks."

That hit you in the chest and you remembered your friends words from the night prior.

I feel like I haven't seen him in forever.

They were both right, now that you think about it. You and Vinnie both had things going on. When he was busy, you weren't, and vice versa.

The last time you two spend proper time together was on his birthday. After that, you jumped right back into routine.

"I wanted to hang out with you, even if we didn't do anything. I even bought ingredients to make us dinner but then you said that you were going to the girl's house and I couldn't tell you not to go. I saw how excited you were."

Now you really felt bad. So him saying that he was bored on his Instagram story wasn't just him trying to be funny.

"I can't believe I didn't see it before." You told him.

In Vinnie's mind, sometimes he thought about the worst case scenario.

What if you two resulted in breaking up due to not seeing each other as often?

"I'm sorry." You continued and reached over to give him a hug, but deep down you knew that wasn't enough.

"It's not our faults." He replied and wrapped his arms around you. "I just wish it would slow down though."

He was right about that. Now that you're back, he has to get ready to fly to Miami. It was like one thing after another.

"Well I'm here now and free for a little bit. Why don't we do something?"

"I have to-"

"Yeah you're going to Miami, but why don't I come with you?"

You looked at him with pleading eyes. "I mean I know it's hella last minute."

He gave you a smile. "Now you know I can't argue with that."