53. Show out

Plot: a girl tries to embarrass you while you're talking to Vinnie
———————————————————————————

When you have free time in New York City, the amount of things available to do are endless. Vinnie chose to walk around the NYU campus so he could get the feel for what it was like since he never went to college.

*Your POV*

Walking out of my last class, I headed to the library to unwind before my next one in two hours.

Maybe one of these days I won't be lazy and go to the recreational center for a workout since I have the time.

I also made a mental note to make my test reservation at the testing hall before it's too late.

I pull out my phone to check any emails and when I turn a corner, I bump into someone and my water bottle falls out of my hand.

"Oh my god I'm sorry." The guys voice says as he picks up my bottle before it rolls further away.

"No, I'm sorry. It's my fault, I was looking at my phone." I reply.

He hands it back to me and moves the hair out of his face and I instantly recognized him.

"Vinnie Hacker?"

"Yeah that's me." He says shyly and stuffs his hands in his pockets.

"Hi! What are you doing here?" I asked, shocked. This is the last place you would have expected him to be. And my heart was beating faster by the second.  "No offense."

"I'm here for a few days and I have some free time so I was just...seeing what it's like to be at a college campus."

"Well I hope you liked it so far." I stood there for a second but didn't want an awkward silence. "Do you...mind of I get a picture with you?"

He smiled widely. "Of course."

With shaky hands I opened the camera app and held the phone up to the selfie position. His face was close to mine as we both smiled and I thanked myself for putting on makeup to school for once.

I turned to him and had confidence to look him in the eye and say, "Thank you."

We both slowly began to walk out separate ways until I called out to him.

"Do you want a tour?"

Oh fuck, why did I say that?, I thought.

"I mean, you don't have to." I shook my head and began rambling. "If you have somewhere to go or wanna be by yourself I completely understand-"

"Sure." He cut me off and I hoped I had heard correctly.

"Wait really?"

"Are you changing your mind?" He asked and walked closer to me.

"No no not at all. Come on then."

I adjusted my backpack on my shoulders and Vinnie walked in sync beside me.

"So where to first?"

"Well I was going to the library," I pointed straight ahead. But we can go wherever you want."

"Hey I'm following you."

I showed him the performing arts center, school of law, and Washington Square Park was just beyond there.

As we walked, some girls came up to Vinnie to take pictures and I stayed in the background until they were done. But mostly we just got looks from people who obviously recognized him but probably wondered who the hell I was. I showed him as much as I could until our final stop was the library and we took a load off, sitting at a table near the computers.