27. Bothered

Plot: You are Vinnie's girlfriend but he thinks you and Damen are getting a little too close for his liking
——————————————————————————-

Vinnie had invited you and some of his other friends to the house to hang out. Cory and Damen even came and you had known them on tik tok well before Vinnie met them.

You'd met them once before in passing but now you had the chance to actually hang out with them.

Normally you're a bit quiet around new people but when you were talking with Damen in particular, you just seemed to hit it off quickly.

You both had a lot in common and had the same sense of humor, so it was easy to become comfortable around him.

But Vinnie didn't seem to fond of the interaction. At first he was, because why wouldn't he be? You were getting along with his friends, that was great.

But throughout the day, he noticed some things that really just rubbed him the wrong way.

-you and Damen sitting on the couch awfully close to one another while he showed you his videos

-after mentioning Harry Styles, Damen lifts up his shirt so you could see that he has the same butterfly tattoo

-Damen touching your hair after he said that he liked it

-you laughing really hard at something he said

-Damen putting his arm around you and saying that "a powerful friendship has been born."

-there was even a time when Vinnie pulled you into his lap as a way of communicating that you were his. When Damen saw you two cuddled up, he said that he felt left out. He jokes around a lot in general but for some reason that pissed Vinnie off.

When everyone had left, Vinnie went into his room to get on the computer. You had found him in there because you were calling him over and over but he didn't hear you because he had headphones on.

(Visual):

You went over to him and kissed the top of his head

You went over to him and kissed the top of his head. "Hey."

"Hey," he replied but continued to look at the screen.

You noticed his dry reply. "What's wrong?" You asked.

He was silent for a moment but realized he might as well tell you because it's keeping it within himself won't make him feel better.

"Damen likes you."

"Yeah...we get along great." You shrugged.

Vinnie took of his headphones and turned to you. "No, I mean he seems to like you...like that."

"What? No he doesn't."

"He was flirting with you the whole time. Or maybe that's just how I took it."

Vinnie listed what he could remember. You stopped to think. You still didn't think Damen was flirting but you could agree how it could've come across like that, and you felt bad.

"I'm sorry. And I can speak for myself when I say that I had no intentions on making you feel uncomfortable." You told him.

He shook his head. "You know what? Maybe I'm just over reacting."

"No no no, I'd feel the same way if the roles were reversed."

"I don't wanna imply that you shouldn't hang out with him though."

"I wouldn't ever do anything to purposely make you upset. I like you and only you."