78. Giving it up

Plot: you and Vinnie broke up; you're so emotional and in your feelings, that you get rid everything he has ever given you
———————————————————————————

Your fingers ran over the metal of the ring and necklace in your hand. You looked at it as if it was something sacred, like you weren't about to put it in a box and dump it God knows where.

The ring had a scratch on it and the clasp on the necklace was broken, but it wasn't trash. In fact, you didn't wanna get rid of the jewelry itself, but the memories attached to them. To him.

Your thumb glided over the handcuffs attached to together on the necklace. It was the same one Vinnie had, he had bought one for you just so y'all could match.

Letting out a small laugh as you looked at it, you remember him putting in on you when he first got it

Letting out a small laugh as you looked at it, you remember him putting in on you when he first got it. It was hard for you to open the clasp but Vinnie did it with ease. Eventually, you got the hang of it. But now it was broken.

Then, you found on of his old bandanas. It was the 'RAW' bandana with the black background and red letters. He kept the one with the red background and black letters.

Now that you think about it, he lowkey liked to match with you a lot.

Vinnie gave it to you when you had a bad hair day once. He ended up letting you keep it.

But your smile was quickly replaced with a frown as you felt the flare of anger and sadness. How could you stand there and smile when you didn't feel happy for weeks?

Vinnie had left, walked out on you just two months ago. Long story short, he had been hurt before. His insecurities got the best of him and he panicked and left.

With no hesitation in your movements, you tossed the jewelry on the bed amongst other items. One of his old phone cases, the bandana, rings to big for your fingers, hoodies that he left behind that still smelled like him, even a sharpie because he'd like to draw "tattoos" on you sometimes.

Someone else would have these items, having no idea that he owned this stuff.

You put everything in an old Amazon box, putting a sign on it that said "FREE, PLEASE TAKE" and leaving it outside in the front of the house.

Part of you wondered if he was giving away your things also. A throw blanket, headphones, and some shoes you forgot at his house one time. How hypocritical of you to think he'd keep yours while you were giving away his.

You knew he was the sentimental type. So we're you to be honest.