90. Be careful with what you wish for

Plot: you and Vinnie are married but it's hard right now. In a moment of weakness, you wish upon a shooting star that brings you back to the beginning
(Requested)

Photo creds go to @/vinniesamour on Instagram ^^
———————————————————————————

2025

Being in different parts of the city doesn't stop you and Vinnie from yelling at each other. He's fuming as he grips the phone and pacing across the floor.

"You didn't tell me that we were seeing your parents next week. How was I supposed to know that I couldn't go out of town?" He's starting to lose his temper.

"I'm not saying that you should be a mind reader but it's frustrating to plan stuff with you since your stuff always seems to come first." You reply, annoyed that he doesn't see your perspective.

He huffs. "Sorry for having a career."

"Stop acting like a child. You know that I would support you no matter what. But these days it seems like you don't know how to be a fucking husband."

You know your words are harsh but you can't help it. You can't even count how many fights you two had had over the last two months. But here y'all are, arguing over something ridiculous yet again. You hate that it's become normal.

"Y/N, I don't want to do this right now." You hear him sigh. Still upset, but tired.

"Fine, let's just brush it under the rug like we do everything else."

"I'm not doing that. I just don't have time for this. I called because I just wanted to talk to you but here we are, fighting again. So irritating."

"You're irritated? Because I'd like to tell you what I've been thinking."

"Meaning?"

"That this isn't working." You said and hung up the phone before he would get a word in. Not because you wanted be be rude, but because you were so emotional and felt your throat closing up.

*****

Vinnie had never felt so heartbroken in his life. Driving in his car on the way to Jett's house, he can't stop thinking about how it's wrong to not see you but he needs to collect his thoughts.

He's tired of the fighting and hurtful words. He wants to feel the way he didn't back when he married you. He's not blaming you for any of it because y'all are a team, but it's hard because you had mentioned before that maybe you shouldn't have gotten married and he feels like he's been getting slapped in the face ever since.

That this isn't working.

The words are burned in his mind. Playing over and over. Lack of patience and distance definitely played a role in the stress.

The thought of a divorce makes him break down crying in his car. He never thought it would come to mind. He pulls out his phone and his fingers linger over your contact name but he can't bring himself to call you. Frustrated, he puts his phone in his pocket.

——
"Here." Jett hands Vinnie a bottle of water once they get settled on the couch. Jett knows there's something wrong because Vinnie hasn't said much. He sits across from Vinnie, watching him sip his drink with dark circles under his eyes, looking exhausted.

"You can't go on like this bro." Jett tells him.

"You sound like her." Vinnie sighed.

"What do you mean?"

"Y/N told me that she doesn't think that our relationship is working."

Hearing the words out loud is like a knife in his chest.