46 - The Smart Thing

*Bruce and Marinette are having a heartfelt daughter and future father-in-law conversation while the rest of the Batkids are busy*

Bruce: “Marinette, there will come a time in the future when you are given the chance to do the smart thing.”

Marinette: “Oh, I love those moments! I like waving at them as they pass by.”

Bruce: “Same!”

*Damian and Tim are busy spying on Marinette and Bruce from a vent in the ceiling*

Tim: “You should marry Marinette soon, or Bruce might try to adopt her.”

Damian: “Tt, Marinette is the perfect candidate. Dark hair and stunning blue eyes, as well as emotional damage from a tragic past. Curse father's serial adoption tendencies!”

*Marinette and Bruce look up at the vent at the same time*

Marinette: “You both realize that we can hear you, right?”

Bruce: “Hmm...not a bad idea, maybe I should adopt Marinette after all.”

*Damian kicks the vent off and jumps down from the ceiling*

Damian: “Marinette, I would like for us to enlope into an arrangement of marriage before the end of the day.”

Bruce chuckles: “You underestimate me, Damian, I can contact my adoption lawyer and have the paperwork signed within the next hour.”

*Damian glances up at Tim who is still hanging out in the ceiling*

Damian: “Is it true that Grayson has the qualifications of an ordained minister? Where is Grayson's current location?”