[C63]Running From The Scythe

Continuing Niall's POV:

"M-Meynard!" Lamia's voice chocked out. Her body started to fall towards the fire but I caught her in enough time. I gently lowered her to the floor. My eyes glanced into hers as I remembered... even if this woman is a bloodsucking monster... I still loved her. I grasped her hand as I yanked out the knife from her back. What have I done? I threw the knife away from us.

"Lamia," I whispered gently. It was interrupted as the door came off its hinges. Meynard had kicked it down. He glared in at me as his arm started to morph. His skin reshaped into a strong blade of a scythe. It was horrifying to see once again. My teeth clenched. I'm not like vampires... if he chops my limbs off I will die. I have to be careful. He doesn't have emotions. He only knows to protect Lamia without hesitation.

"What have you done?" He asked. His eyes held confusion. Since Lamia told him once before he couldn't kill me. He was hesitating to make sure he wouldn't regret his next move.

Relax.... Relax... How could Lamia let me kill her so easily? She's alive. She's alive and healing now.

"Lamia get up," I urged. "Stop faking this."  Be serious Lamia. I looked her over as she grinned and spit out blood. I felt a longing urge to comfort her. Did I really just kill her so quickly?

How could I do that to her?

.

.

.

That's right... her taste for my kind and my bloodline,,, Is the reason why I have to defend myself.... I have to save what's left of my family. I have to kill her to become human. I have to show where my loyalties are.

"Lamia!" I yelled. I shook her as she started to close her eyes.

"Kill him," she ordered. "He harmed your mistress, Meynard," she said as she squeezed her eyes closed. Is she not going to watch this!? I looked up at Meynard and placed my hand tightly on Lamia's neck to crush her neck. I squeezed and watched as Meynard couldn't move towards me.

"Come here and I will snap it," I told him. Lamia opened her eyes in surprise. There wasn't pain at first for her... but then she showed frustration.

"Meynard kill him," she ordered. Meynard of course couldn't move towards me. I held the trump card.

"Mistress," Meynard muttered. "I can't."

"Meynard," she growled out. "Kill him or face severe punishment."

"You'll get hurt if I come closer," Meynard told her.

I chuckled.

"He's right," I told her as I looked down at her chest. So, as my suspicions are correct... I looked at the dry floor underneath her. She's been healing while I've been distracted.

"Kill him," she ordered. "NOW!" She commanded. "I will be fine." Meynard sighed heavily before raising his arm and started walking towards me.

"As you wish," he whispered. I yanked her up and pulled her up against my chest as a shield. I took her to my feet quickly and forced her to stay against me.

"Meynard," I said in a warning tone. "Come on now... You don't want to hurt Lamia, do you?" I asked. I kept a firm grip on her neck incase she tried to bite me, I kept her far enough from my body.

"Meynard, if you have to slice my arm off to get to him, do it," Lamia ordered.

This crazy bitch!

"Ma'am." Meynard stepped forward and swung his scythe arm. It was coming straight towards my arm holding her waist. I dodged his swing by a mere inch as I stepped back. I pulled Lamia's weight with me. She wasn't making this easy on me. Her body going dead limp. This was amusement to her. Maybe she was still recovering eternally. Usually she loved this kind of blood shed.