[C58]Thoughts Of Emotions

Brendon's POV:

I remember the last day I saw her...

Aaliyah.

The excitement my soul mate radiated when she explained she was going with Luke to buy baby clothes. My first love and my first soul mate. She, was the perfect Luna. She was pregnant with my son. She wasn't along enough for us to know the gender... but every alpha wants a son for their first born. We agreed to go ahead and assume its gender. The reports of her death hit me hard that very same night. I lost my luna and beta because- for a long time... I thought it was just a freak accident. It was raining that day, after all. A vampire's scent would have been washed away. So of course... I never suspected it was Lamia all along. Two years ago, Beta Luke and Luna Aaliyah of pack Scarlet Nightwalkers lost their lives. The reports said the vehicle was going too fast... swerved to avoid presumably a car and went into a lake. If there was another car they tried to avoid, it left the scene of the crime. All this time, it was Lamia that gave orders to kill them.

My father Diego, momma Yvette, and my sister Artemis were there by my side when I found out the news. My father explained I could wait to choose the next Luna... but right away I was ordered to pick the next beta. That's when I picked Emmett. Because, he was my cute younger cousin. His family never were betas. But, because we lost Luke... there wasn't a better choice. Luke's father was my father's beta... But, Emmett's father was my father's younger brother. So, if I died... Emmett could be alpha. So, what better way to train him then to force him to be my beta?

In two years, I was really preparing Emmett to be my replacement.

I wanted to die and be with Aaliyah.

Run with her and Luke once more.

Deep down... I didn't think I could ever find a replacement Luna.

That was until that selfish bastard mated with a male wolf, Nolan Elias Felisus. He tricked us all into believing they were really mated. If I was smart enough to catch onto his lies... Maybe Vivienne wouldn't have gotten so hurt at the beginning. Maybe I could have saved, Emmett. Emmett was old enough to know who his mate was. If he mated to Cole... that meant I would never be able to leave the pack in the hands of a doomed relationship. They couldn't breed a next alpha for the pack. His selfish desires to have Cole instead of Vivienne... was disgusting.

That left me with... one thing left to do...

I had to find someone respectable to mate with. Someone that was possibly desperate... enough... Someone maybe rejected... someone who experienced severed ties in the same way I did. Because I could never steal a mate from someone else. I respected mate-ship too much. Everyone deserves true love.

So, when Artemis traveled to another pack with our parents... I decided to look for someone I could give my pack to. I felt like I was cheating on Aaliyah when I looked at other females.

But, to be honest... I was following Vivienne the night we first met.

I had eyes on her the whole night of the party. From the minute she parked her car.

I had been in the parking lot trying to clear bad thoughts from my head. I saw her uneasiness. She was nervous. I had been curious about the scent of her emotions. I wondered, if it was because she was unmated or because she was new to the whole... wolf side.

That night I had been tempted to find a Luna once again. It was perfect timing. Wolves were coming back home from college and I figured some relationships had been severed. I heard talk about some finding mates to outside the pack and severing them to respect me, their alpha. They couldn't leave me or the pack. Not even for love. I had heard a few females doing so, and it angered me that night.