[C1]The Way Home

I checked my phone to see what time it was. I had just pulled into a gas station to fuel up. I've been driving for a good five hours, dead set on only stopping to get gas. I was headed to my hometown. I still had another hour until I'd be home. I was going to be late. I checked the price of gas and almost snarled. "That's almost four dollars, you got to be kidding me," I hissed sourly through my teeth. Did gas get more expensive as I drove home or what? My phone buzzed with a text from dad, call me. I rolled my eyes but hit the window on the car to see Mal practically jump as I woke him up. He had been resting in the back with drool getting on the window. I opened the door to give him the phone. "Here, call dad while I pump gas."

"Huh? Where are we?" He asked grogily but took the phone from me.
"We're an hour outside of town. Just let him know we're ok," I  told him.
"Are we running late? What have you been doing this whole time, Viv? Driving like grandma?"
"I told you if you wanted waffle house it would put us behind by one hour. And, Im not driving like a maniac to get us there on time."

I bit my bottom lip in slight aggravation. I pulled out my wallet from the front seat and took out my gas card- one of my credit cards stricktly for gas and sighed heavily. I'm ready to be home... but, I don't like these gas prices... I'm starting to feel spoiled from being away so long.

As I begun pumping gas I could hear Mal telling dad we were ok and just running behind schedule. That we would still be going to the pack's 'welcome home' party for the college graduates. Mal, he's my brother. Younger by a year. But he excelled early on and skipped a grade- which caused him to be in mine. We went to college together too. But, that doesn't mean I hung out around him the whole time we were away. Nope! In fact this is my first time seeing him since that one time we bumped into each other on accident durring summer vacation. Well... one of the reasons we never were close was because- I looked in at him.

Mal's dressed in a girl's cardigan, skinny jeans, a red band shirt from some band I don't know, converse, and his hair is long... pulled up in a man bun and black as night- his whole closet is nothing but dark colors. He had on dark circus clown make up- and all kinds of goth jewlery.
Listen, I don't judge him...
But we're completely different asthetics to be siblings.
Is- is he wearing platform shoes?
He is.

As for the cardigan I doubt it's from a girlfriend's. He's always been a closet gay.

Mal's just a nickname. His actual name is Malakai. Something to do with angels. He's dad's favorite child. And, he had to pull teeth to get dad's permission to go away to college. CAN you believe it?! This is dad's favorite kid? He looks like a cute little clown just sitting there.

I could hear the pump click as my thoughts jumped away from my brother. I pulled the nozzel out and put it back on the holster before shutting my gas tank. I got back in the car and put my wallet away as Mal hung up on dad and gave me my phone back. "Dad said, 'he's not going to be at the party since he's scheduled for patrol. The door is unlocked to the house so we can let ourselves in when we get home tonight'." He cleaned off the window with his sleeve. He crawled into the front seat and buckled up. Looks like he wants to sit and stay awake the rest of the way.

So, to explain why we're not aesthetically matching... My eyes landed on the native american beaded bird hanging on my rearview mirror. I caught my eye reflection. They were green- but flashed gold as my wolf wanted to look at us as well. Mal called me Viv earlier... But my full name is Vivienne Blair. I much prefer being called Blair. But he doesn't know that since we don't hang out outside of family conditions. Viv started when  Nena was born. Our baby sister. She couldn't say Vivienne but she could say Viv. And no one corrected her. They just started calling me it. I mean.. Imagine a six year old trying to argue about a nickname?