[C55]Call In The Wind

Back To Vivienne's POV:

Malakai's scent filled my nostrils. His delighted lungful of scent was something I forgot how much I enjoyed. Because Malakai was the only special beginning to my life. I once found him hard to sit with in a car ride... and now that's all I wanted. I wanted to go back to that first night we arrived at the pack house. I want to turn back the clock.

I was hunting in a dark forest. The darkness alerted me I crossed over... once more. I was now on the other side. My heart ran fast. I didn't remember crossing over. I remember laying my head on Brendon's chest. I remember assuring myself... this was just shut eye.

"Mal?" I whispered out. My voice did not echo. In fact it was swallowed by a void.

"Vivienne," I heard a new voice rung in my ears. That wasn't Mal.

No.. this was familiar.

"Fang?" I called out.

"FANG!" Once again.

Silence echoed through the dark forest. There was no moon... no stars... no shadows. I didn't know which way the voice came from.

Suddenly red took over. A red light glowed through the treeline. It reminded me of Fang's color red. From when I first met him. I could hear growls. A dark rumble. A warning. I shouldn't be here. Why am I here? Of all places... Fang's scent was welcoming. I knew if he was here, I was fine. He was a proper protector.

"-oing to die," Fang's voice echoed to me.

"I- I can't hear you," I told him.

"Vivienne," he urged. His voice was silenced by a loud howl. I recognized it as the moon goddess' howl. Blue light shined through a tree line. Their red and blues clashing. "-ey will be sold-" Fang's voice echoed around me as a wind picked up through my fur. "Shade. You have to warn," It was too much to understand as the wind wouldn't let me hear it all. I could hear The moon goddess' growls of fury. Was I mistaken? Was she angry? Was I not welcomed after all? -"Ake the pack," he urged but couldn't finish again. "Ey, will win."

My feet felt disconnected to the ground. Darkness consumed me. I felt the sensation of returning to my body. To the plains of the world I grew up in.

Suddenly her sweet voice was all that was left, "Go my sweet child. You haven't much time."

~~~

"Luna Vivienne," I heard a polite female voice waking me. "Luna, are you awake?" I squinted through my eyes as I felt Brendon's body breathing under me. I sat up quickly and looked towards the voice in shock. I recognized her from one of the warriors we took with us into the tunnels of Blacktail Growler's pack house. She was Maeve. "Luna," she said as she looked glad she woke me. Her smile fell to a frown. "I have bad news," she whispered.

"What happened?" I asked as I jolted to stand up. I looked around flustered. A blush heated my face. I really did fall asleep, didn't I?

Maeve reached out and pushed me back down. She done so in a way to be polite about it. Her gentle touch shook me. I looked her in the eyes frantically.

"Go on," I ordered.

"Our pack was attacked early this morning. Right after sunrise."

My heart dropped.

"W-what?" I asked. What did she say?

Her eyes couldn't meet mine. Instead she looked at Brendon. He was still sleeping on the bed. I looked his way before looking back to her.

"Maeve," I barked. "What happened? Tell me everything."

"We sent one of our scouts out to check on the pack and meet at the borders for updates. We smelled blood in our snouts. The scouts came back with the reports. There's no one there. They even took the carcasses. If there were any that is. There was a note addressed to you." Her hand snuck into her pocket as she pulled out a folded envelop. "Lamia attacked our pack," she told me. "Her troops scents were all over the place."