⊱☆⊰ 39 ⊱☆⊰

⊱ ☆ ⊰ ☆ ⊱ ☆ ⊰
'39 - A Good Day's Rest'

⊱ ☆ ⊰ ☆ ⊱ ☆ ⊰'39 - A Good Day's Rest'

"REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK"

It's gotten worse.

I don't know why and I certainly don't have a single fucking clue how, but, for the past week, for some odd reason, the nightmares have returned.

I haven't been sleeping well. Or much at all, really.

I'm quite positive that I've reached some kind of level of madness at this point.

I've also managed to push Carina away.

Myself from a month ago would've said that he doesn't care. In fact, I'm sure he would've been glad to be rid of her.

My present self however, has grown slightly accustomed to her presence.

Thankfully, she's very persistent and has been nagging me nonstop.

The lack of sleep has also caused me to be a little on the irritated side of things.

I do feel kind of bad for being so cold towards her.

I just wish I could get some proper rest.

"Oi!" Evan nudged me.

"What!" I snapped at him.

My sharp reply didn't affect him in the slightest.

"You should really eat, Reginald." he said, chewing on some hash browns. "We've gotta head to Herbology soon."

"You should learn how to chew with your mouth closed." I muttered in reply, pushing away the plate in front of me.

I'm not that hungry.

"Yes!" someone exclaimed from the other side of the Great Hall.

Looking in the direction the voice had come from, I wasn't surprised to see that it was my brother.

How is it that he always has so much energy this early in the morning? It makes me want to hurl up my nonexistent breakfast.

"Mm," Evan grumbled, chewing something. "Mwatch out, mails here." he said, mouth still full of food.

I blinked, reeling myself back into the present and looked up to find a swarm of owls coming in with the post.

I wasn't at all surprised to see Achilles flying down towards me.

He landed graciously on the table, holding a letter in his beak.

With a heavy sigh, I took the letter from him and pet his beak to which he gave a small hoot before flying off.

It was another letter from Mother.

How could it not be? I haven't really been responding to her other letters and she's sent quite a few of them over the last week. The most I've ever received from her within a short period, probably.