⊱★⊰ 13 ⊱★⊰

⊱ ★ ⊰ ★ ⊱ ★ ⊰

'13 - Minnie To The Rescue'

⊱ ★ ⊰ ★ ⊱ ★ ⊰

"CARINA ELAYNE TOUSSAINT"

We were sitting in the Great Hall for breakfast as usual. Me and Remus were still on bad terms.

It definitely hasn't been easy.

I had apparently zoned out, which was something that I've been doing quite a lot ever since our second fight, because I felt Maria place her hand on my shoulder. I turned my head toward her, she was holding an envelope out to me.

Eyebrows furrowed, I took a quick glance around the hall, seeing the many owls that were flying about.

The mail had arrived.

"Oh." was all I managed to say before taking the envelope from her. "Thanks." I said.

I noticed the handwriting right away, it was from Hope.

She had finally responded to my letter.

I placed the envelope down in front of myself on the table, picking up a slice of toast and ripping off a piece. I stared at the envelope as I did so. I wanted to open it now but I felt like I needed to do so privately.

I really miss Hope. She always knows what to say.

I heard footsteps approaching, knowing who they belonged to simply by the way he walked. He stormed straight up to where me and Maria were seated. I didn't bother looking up at him.

"You wrote to my mum?" Remus barked, holding up a letter.

"Who else should I have written to? My mum's dead." I replied grimly, ripping off another piece from the toast before popping it into my mouth.

Maria gasped beside me but quickly hid it with a fake cough.

Oh sorry, did I forget to mention that? Yea she died in the middle of last year.

Remus sighed, "Carina..." he said.

I looked up at him, "what Remus?" I snapped.

"We need to talk." he replied softly.

"I think we've done enough talking." I replied, dropping the toast down onto my plate and grabbing the letter as I stood from the table.

"Carina. Please." Remus pleaded as I walked away from him, making my way toward the exit of the Great Hall.

"Carina! We need to talk!" he called after me.

I stopped in my tracks and turned to face him. He was still standing not far from where Maria and I had been sitting.

"About what Remus? You've made your position very clear to me! I don't know what else you could possibly have left to say!" I exclaimed back to him.

He took a few steps my way.