⊱★⊰ 27 ⊱★⊰

⊱ ★ ⊰ ★ ⊱ ★ ⊰
'27 - Invitations'

⊱ ★ ⊰ ★ ⊱ ★ ⊰'27 - Invitations'

"CARINA ELAYNE TOUSSAINT"

"I'm telling you; he wants to ask you out!" Maria raved as we made our way to the library.

"Maria, that's absurd." I replied.

"How is that absurd? Have you seen yourself?"

"Why on earth would Otto Bagman want to ask me out?"

"Why wouldn't he? Have you seen the line of people that want to do the same thing?"

"What?" I laughed. "Maria, are you drunk?"

"How do I burst this bubble that you've created for yourself?"

"Seriously, you're insane."

"Why is it so difficult for you to understand that guys actually know you exist?"

"Because they haven't for the past 5 years and now all of sudden there's an imaginary line behind me?"

"It's always been there, Bagman's just, finally decided he's up for the challenge of getting past the boys."

"That's even more absurd."

She sighed, "I can't wait till next year when they'll be gone, and you will finally see the long line of suitors just waiting for the chance to talk to none other than Carina Elayne Toussaint herself!"

"Ah, yes, the imaginary line that consists of absolutely no one!" I retorted, turning around dramatically to reveal an empty corridor.

Except that it wasn't so empty.

"No one, plus Regulus." Maria whispered to me with a smirk on her face.

I rolled my eyes at her as Regulus walked up to us.

"What about Regulus?" he asked, looking between the two of us.

"Oh, nothing. Anyways, I have a class to get to. Later losers!" Maria replied, waving us off as she walked away from us.

"She doesn't have any more classes, it's Monday." I commented as we stood there, watching her go.

"Should I even ask?" Regulus questioned.

"She seems to have drank something this morning and it made her all crazy. Crazier than normal." I replied, muttering the last bit.

"How so?" Regulus asked as we resumed walking.

"She's under the impression that Otto Bagman plans on asking me out." I retorted.

Silence lingered as we walked.

"I'm not following." Regulus said after realizing I wasn't planning on saying anything more.

"What is there to follow?" I asked.