⊱☆⊰ 24 ⊱☆⊰

⊱ ☆ ⊰ ☆ ⊱ ☆ ⊰
'24 - A Coincidence?'

⊱ ☆ ⊰ ☆ ⊱ ☆ ⊰'24 - A Coincidence?'

"REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK"

Another repetitive week. Another annoyingly boring old Tuesday.

We're barely one month in and yet, I'm already getting quite sick of it.

Then again, at least I'm not stuck inside of Grimmauld Place.

I was sitting at breakfast with Evan, having what I believe the muggles call an English Breakfast, don't ask me how or why I know that, when Hero landed in front of me, holding a letter.

I noticed the seal straight away. It was a letter from Mother.

I stared down at the envelope, hesitant to open it.

"With the way you're staring at it, you'd think somebody died." Evan, who I realized was watching me, commented.

I hummed in response.

"Seriously, did something happen?" a now worried sounding Evan, asked.

I shook my head. "No. Wasn't expecting an answer so soon, is all." I replied, standing up from the table.

"Where are you going?" he queried.

"Back to the dorm, head to class without me." I retorted.

"What's up with him?" I heard Evan mutter as I walked away.

Once back at the dorm, I ripped the letter open, skimming through it quickly.

Regulus,

Has Professor Slughorn invited you to his club yet? You would've mentioned it if he had. You must do better. I will be expecting an answer from you about the club in your next letter and it better be you, telling me about receiving an invitation.

I hope Evan is not influencing you to go down the same path he is on. That boy isn't going anywhere in life.

Father is well, very busy at the Ministry. Lots of work to be done. I'm writing up the Christmas guest list. Your cousins will all be in attendance.

Walburga Irma Black

Mother's response threw me off completely.

Either absolutely nothing has or is changed and she's choosing to ignore my questions because it was a foolish thing to ask or she's simply refusing to tell me anything until such a time for me to know becomes necessary.

She barely even answered my questions. And what is this club she speaks of?

Leave it to Mother to be very cryptic.

Shoving the letter back into the envelope, I placed it in the drawer of my bedside table and headed to Herbology.

Thankfully, Tuesdays meant I only had to suffer through one short hour of that annoying plant woman talk about all the useless vegetation she's got in her possession.