⊱☆⊰ 30 ⊱☆⊰

⊱ ☆ ⊰ ☆ ⊱ ☆ ⊰
'30 - Truth, Dare, Drink'

⊱ ☆ ⊰ ☆ ⊱ ☆ ⊰'30 - Truth, Dare, Drink'

"REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK"

We were standing in front of the Gryffindor common room entrance.

I don't know why, okay, maybe I do know why, but I am extremely nervous.

"Password?" the lady from the portrait asked Carina, glaring at me suspiciously in the meantime. This painted lady is giving me the creeps with just her staring.

"Apricus." I heard Carina say.

"Fine." the woman huffed in return as the portrait swung open, revealing the entrance.

Interesting. It reminded me of the kitchen entrance in a way, though, I liked the fruit bowl better than this very judgmental and opinionated lady.

"Are you coming or not?" Carina, who had already stepped through the portrait hole, asked.

I blinked, realizing I should probably get a move on. "Coming." I said as I began to walk towards the entrance.

The portrait woman huffed again as I passed her, finally stepping inside.

It was quite different than I had imagined it to be. Smaller, much, much smaller. Though very cozy, and, they had a fireplace just as big as ours. That seemed to be the only similarity.

It was also somehow warmer in here than it ever has been down in our common room. I suppose being surrounded by the depths of the Black Lake has its disadvantages. Although, I still think our common room is better.

"The longer you stand there gawking, the less time we will have till the parties over." Carina said, breaking me out of my examination. "Though, I guess for you that won't be such a bad thing." she added.

I guess it is unfair, seeing as she had virtually no time to examine our common room the way I'm doing to hers now.

"I'll follow you." I said, looking over at her.

"It's just up these stairs." she said, beginning towards the open staircase.

I followed after her, both of us stopping once we reached the landing at the top.

"Here's where we didn't think it through." Carina said.

"Think what through?" I asked.

"So, the problem, is that usually boys can't go into the girls dormitories. The staircase will simply turn into a slide, and you won't be able to come up." she explained.

Great. Guess I'll be sleeping on the floor then. And risk seeing my brother. I knew this was a bad idea.

"And you're only telling me this now?" I questioned.

"Well, actually, certain people had managed to tweak the stairs somehow, so that you could go up based on intention, at least, I think that's how it works, and it can tell if you're lying about your intentions too. So, for example Dungus, he used to be able to get in a lot, but recently the stairs have stopped letting him in." she explained to me, emphasizing the words 'certain people' which could only mean it was my brother and his friends.