⊱☆⊰ 02 ⊱☆⊰

⊱ ☆ ⊰ ☆ ⊱ ☆ ⊰

'02 - An Interesting Find'

⊱ ☆ ⊰ ☆ ⊱ ☆ ⊰

"REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK"

It had a pale lilac coloured cover with a painting of a beach and dark grey skies above, through which only a sliver of light could be seen passing from between the clouds. The spine was heavily worn as were the pages.

She seemed to have read this book at least two hundred times, probably more.

What was so special about this book?

I've never heard of this author and figured that it must simply be one of those muggle writers.

I haven't ever read books written by muggles but, I assume they're not that great. Otherwise, purebloods wouldn't be so opposed of them, right?

What business did she have reading muggle books? They're not that interesting anyway.

Not that I would know, I've never read one.

I'm sure mother would be furious if she ever found me in possession of something muggle made.

Maybe her family was more accepting of things such as this?

Skimming through the pages, I noticed that she had written all over them.

I've never seen someone do such a thing to books before, though most books I've read weren't really interesting enough to do so, I suppose.

Curiosity fueled me, I flipped through the pages some more, reading a few of the notes she had left.

'Nelly Dean being the biggest gossip of the century. Just hanging out and immediately spilling decades worth of drama to the first person who asked her what Heathcliff's deal was.'

'And they were cousins? Oh my Godric they were cousins.'

'Heathcliff running away for three years instead of clarifying what he overheard Catherine say is a big mood.'

'Heathcliff be like, I know a spot, then disappear for years.'

'You're in her letters, I'm digging up her grave, we are not the same - Heathcliff.'

I hadn't realized how amused I was by her side notes until someone spoke, bringing my attention away from the book.

"What's so funny?" the person asked. I looked up to see Evan watching me intently.

Evan was the only person I really tolerated.

He wasn't like the rest of them. He strongly opposed most of their views and opinions, though he never showed it. I was the only one who he wasn't afraid to voice those thoughts to.

Although I still don't understand why he chose me to bother of all people.

I closed the book, placing it face down onto the table.

"Just some stupid book I found. What's up?" I asked him.

"It's lunchtime." Evan stated, grinning at me.

"So?"

"I didn't see you at breakfast."

"That's because you were still sleeping."

He sleeps like a log, a tornado can rip through our room and he won't do so much as flinch. Hell, the tornado could pick him up and spin him around a few times and he'll just snore through it, not moving a muscle.