⊱★⊰ 32 ⊱★⊰

⊱★⊰ ★ ⊱★⊰
'32 - Hangover'

"CARINA ELAYNE TOUSSAINT"

Water.

I could hear the sound of waves crashing.

It's dark and cold and I could've sworn I've been here before.

A cave, more darkness, the sound of water dripping, a door which opens to a big dark lake.

An island is situated in the center.

I'm in a boat, floating across the eerily still lake, towards the island.

Stepping off, there's nothing here but a weird basin full of something.

Pain, terror. Flashes of the darkest creatures and illusions I have ever seen. It's horrifying, so horrifying and painful that I can't help but scream.

No sound comes out when I scream. I scream louder, but to no avail. My voice is muffled.

I'm drowning.

I'm screaming and I'm drowning and my lungs are full of water and I'm being pulled and I'm struggling to swim up and I can't breathe.

I can't breathe I can't breathe I can't breathe.

"Carina...Carina..." I hear someone calling me.

"Help!" I yell into the water, "I'm drowning!"

"Carina...Carina!" The person yells back.

"It's no use." I try to say through the water. "No use."

I'm crying.

"Carina! Wake up!" I'm startled awake.

I have no idea where I am or what that was, but I'm sitting up and gasping desperately for air.

I'm clutching the sheets and I'm inhaling as much air as I can.

"Hey, you're alright. Carina? Everything's okay now." I hear a male voice.

After a few more minutes pass of me regulating my breathing, I'm laying back down only this time in the safety of someone's arms.

'Must just be Remus.' I think to myself as I drift back to sleep.

This time, I dream of a field full with sunflowers and rain.

Everything is peaceful. Everything is calm.

***

I woke up to a loud thud. It quite literally shook the floor.

I tried to sit up but didn't have the energy to do so. Seems I must've overdid it with the drinks yesterday.