⊱☆⊰ 29 ⊱☆⊰

⊱ ☆ ⊰ ☆ ⊱ ☆ ⊰

'29 - You Don't Mind, Right?'

⊱ ☆ ⊰ ☆ ⊱ ☆ ⊰

"REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK"

Evan forced me to sign up with him for both study hall and apparition lessons.

Said it would do me good instead of locking myself up in our dorm all the time with the threat of dying alone looming over my head.

I thought his analogy was ridiculous.

If there's any place I would be found locked inside of while thinking about death, it would be the library.

Come on Evan, it's as though you don't know me at all.

Unfortunately, these new ways of time-wasting mean that I am now forced to be in a much too noisy study hall, full of all of my annoying peers.

A big part of me believes that the only reason Evan even signed up for both of those was because his latest hookup is in them.

As is his hookups best friend.

Thankfully, it seems she isn't enjoying her time here just as much as I am. I'm sure she, too, would much rather be in the library than in here.

In some ways, we are much the same.

Not that I would know or care enough about her to come to such conclusions, I'm only speculating of course.

I was struggling to concentrate on my Transfiguration assignment when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning my head in the direction it had come from, I saw Carina leaning back slightly from her seat to look at me.

"Library?" she mouthed to me in question.

Evan and Maria were sitting between us, so it was quite difficult to talk to her.

"What about these two?" I mouthed back, pointing at the lovebirds.

"They won't notice." she answered with a shrug.

I watched as she quietly got up from her seat, grabbed her notebook and whatever else it was that she brought with her and walked past me towards the exit of the hall.

I waited to see if either of the two lovesick fools beside me would notice Carina's absence. They didn't.

Following Carina's actions, I picked up my belongings and stood from the table, leaving the study hall with one last glance at Evan and Maria. They were still chatting it up without notice of both of their best friends leaving.

Oh well.

Carina was waiting for me just outside the room.

"Talk about dreadful." was the first thing she said to me.