⊱☆⊰ 07 ⊱☆⊰

⊱ ☆ ⊰ ☆ ⊱ ☆ ⊰

'07 - Pay Attention'

⊱ ☆ ⊰ ☆ ⊱ ☆ ⊰

"REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK"

"Ev. Evan." I shook him. "Get up man, it's 7:15 already. If you want to stop for breakfast before class we need to leave in 5." I said to him.

He muttered something in response before yawning obnoxiously and slowly sitting up, rubbing his face with his hands.

Walking over to the floor-length mirror that stood against one of our walls, I started fixing up my tie. Pulling the long end down, crossing the short end under, tugging the long end up through the loop, pulling it do—

"Man, why didn't you wake me earlier?" a very tired Evan yawned from behind me as he walked over to one of the dressers and started pulling out clothes.

"Figured I'd let you sleep after yesterday." I replied, finishing up my tie.

Evan got in pretty late last night.

I had seen him come in for dinner after which he informed me he was going back to the library to 'work' some more. He didn't get back to the dorm until 5 minutes before curfew.

Oh, and did I mention that the ticking noise had mysteriously disappeared when I got back to the dorm?

Evan was ready to go within a few minutes so, we headed to the great hall for breakfast.

"What do we got today? It's Tuesday, right? I think I have my Magizoologist class. Oh, I didn't tell you! Maria, my charms partner, same girl who invited me to that study group yesterday, she's also chosen Magizoology! What are the fuckin odds man?! The heavens shine down upon Evan Rosier!" Evan rambled enthusiastically, throwing his hands in the air.

I was pretty well acquainted with his antics by now. The thing that worried me though was that I very clearly remember the last time Evan became this obsessed over a girl.

Fourth year he met a Ravenclaw girl whose name I can't remember. Sammy? Sarah? Sue? Salmon? Regardless, he was deeply infatuated by her, they went on multiple dates, started dating, only to break up a month later because he caught her cheating on him during a party.

Turned out she had been cheating throughout their entire relationship.

To say he was heartbroken was an understatement. He swore off of dating for the rest of his life and didn't leave the dorm room for a month, other than for classes.

I had to sneak meals out of the Great Hall for him because he refused to go there in case he would see her.

Then, one day he just woke up, announced he was over her and acted like none of it even happened. That's when he started sleeping around with everyone too.