Chapter 29

Dedicated to this amazing soul! Umaimaamina 🥰

Meanwhile, at the deserted area, Nadiya is trying really hard to get away from those men, by hiding where they won't see her and when she lost sight of them, she'd keep walking and the same goes on. She doesn't understand why they're following her nonstop. It's so weird. Too weird. Though she has seen someone like them before when he was spying on her some days ago, she still can't help but worry about this sudden act from them. From spying to following?

They also don't seem like Nigerians at all. They look very foreign which scares her more. This could mean only one thing; dad sent them. As mom said, dad leaves in Brazil for a 'job' he got. She could clearly remember.

Turning every now and then, she stopped when she could no longer see them. That showed she's gone way past them. She sat on a big stone nearby to rest. Then she remembered she has a phone, she could make call right now and tell someone to save her from these people. She's now in a place she actually doesn't know, it's scary how she doesn't understand the place at all and it's now getting a bit dark.

"Ugh, there's no network here!" She groaned out of frustration and kept her phone back. She just wished there was a network, then at least she would share her location incase anyone is looking for her. She knows by now, Khadijah must have reached home and has told them everything. She must be imagining how they'd be feeling right now, especially her mother. She would be so worried. That'd be an understatement even, she will freak out. Life isn't exactly great right now and to think her child is being followed by men will really get her worried. Even Nadiya is scared to death right now. It isn't funny at all. That was the main reason she told Khadijah to go home. She wouldn't want her to get in trouble all because of her. Since this is her case, she'd rather handle it alone and not involve anyone else.

She's surrendered. Whatever will happen to her right now, she believes it's her destiny from God and she won't avoid it. She can't, even if she wants to.

Just as she checked her phone and realised there's now full network, she quickly shared her location to her Uncle, mother and Khadijah. Those three are currently the ones who need it the most. She also sent a message just so that she could relief them a bit. If that's possible.

As she got up to leave after resting a bit, someone caught her arm and yanked her up.

"Ouch!" She winced in pain and looked up to see a pair of eight eyes, staring right back at her.

"Come on. We've had enough hide and seek for now." The same person who caught her arm spoke.

She began prostrating and that was when someone amongst them brought out a chloroform from his pocket which he poured on his handkerchief and applied it on her nose, making her to inhale it deeply. Realising the situation, she quickly removed her bracelet and threw it on the floor. About one minute later, she passed out and they lifted her up. After walking for fifteen minutes, they found their car and drove off.

***

Back at the Sani Dukku's household, everyone is in distress. It's been five hours since Khadijah returned home without Nadiya and up till now, there's no sign of Nadiya. Alhaji Sani is making a call again, Khadijah is still sitting on the floor while her mother has gone to get medication for a pale-looking Hajiya Hadiya. Suddenly, Hajiya Hadiya heard a beep from her phone and she immediately picked with hurry to check what it is. As she saw it's from her daughter, she speedily opened the message and upon reading its content, she burst into tears. That alarmed everyone, including Alhaji Sani, who was on a call.

"What's the matter Haiiya? What happened?" Hajiya A'ee asked, just as she returned from her room, holding a Tylenol and a cup. Khadijah stood up, looking worried as well and Alhaji Sani ended his call and rushed towards his sister. All three surrounded Hajiya Hadiya with worried faces, asking her what the matter is while she keeps crying.